I am having an immensely frustrating afternoon here. I am slated t start working on a pretty large project which will lean heavily upon Octane / C4D. I have just purchased my subscription, downloaded the most recent stable versions of the standalone and plugin (PR14), but C4D simply crashes when opening now... yay.
Here are the steps I have taken:
- Copied the C4D_OctaneX_Studio_PR14 folder to the User -> Library -> Preferences -> MAXON -> Maxon Cinema 4D R23_2FE1299C -> plugins folder
- Removed unrelated .xlib files, leaving only
- lib octane.dylib
- res (folder)
- Switched C4D R23 to open with Rosetta (why is this still a thing so far into the existence of this platform?)
- Clicked through and 'allowed' all the gatekeeper prompts in System Preferences -> Security
Of note, I was getting the customary 'cannot be opened because... unidentified developer' message for the .xlib, BUT the message I got on the .dylib file was different in that the dialogue states that it needs to be updated. My first launch worked without the dylib being loaded, but after clicking the 'open anyway' in system prefs, and relaunching I now get the crash dialogue from Cinema seconds into the launch sequence - pretty much the instant the splash screen comes up.
So, I obviously have some broader questions concerning when we might see a native Apple Silicon build, and searching the forums with M1 or M1 Mac won't cull results as the words are 'too common', but at a more urgent level, I need to suss out why I am unable to use the software at all.
Thanks in advance
- Plugin Install Path
- dylib error dialogue as referenced
MacBook Pro (18,2) | M1 Max | macOS 12.4 | Cinema 4D R23
Digital Storm PC | 18 Core i9 3GHz | 32GB | RTX 2080 SUPER | Windows 10