Need help with creating iridescent/pearlescent material

Forums: Need help with creating iridescent/pearlescent material
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Need help with creating iridescent/pearlescent material

Postby Timmaigh! » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:26 am

Timmaigh! Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:26 am
As the title says, i am supposed to use this specific material:

https://aloxide.com/en/references/khun-by-yoo-thailand/

and having hard time to get acceptable results, when i tried to do it on my own with my limited knowledge of this stuff. I tried to mix bunch of those metals available in library, alongside the fall-off map, but could not get it quite right, i mean its metallic material, but the way the sun reflects in it seems like there is another more mirror-like glossy layer or whatever, tough to put it into words. This really is above my skills, i guess it requires actual knowledge of physics or something, and its not the kind of material you can do with changing bunch of numbers.

So please, if anyone here could point me in the right direction how to do it, or even better share this kind of material (obviously not neccesarily the specific colors), i would be much obliged.

Thanks
R9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000 MHz, 2x RTX 4090, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Kingston KC3000 2TB, Kingston KC3000 1TB, WD Caviar Gold 6TB, Win11 Pro 64bit
Timmaigh!
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion