octane + titan x pascal

Forums: octane + titan x pascal
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: octane + titan x pascal

Postby abstrax » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:51 pm

abstrax Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:51 pm
Sounds like faulty hardware to me. To give you a working reference: I'm currently using driver version 372.20 and I haven't experienced any driver related issues with Maxwell or Pascal GPUs.

You also don't have to install any CUDA toolkits. The CUDA driver is installed together with the graphics driver.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby djiin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:07 pm

djiin Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:07 pm
well, ok, i got it working finally, the issue was the maya plugin, you were right glimpse, i've tried with the standalone and everything was fine. i don't understand the plugin wasn't on the download pages, there's another one there more recent which i tried but didn't worked...pfff, the one working was on the forum in a topic, it is 2.26.1 - 7.20.4.
the titan pascal is damn fast in the standalone but not that much within maya, don't know why in the end.
anyway i got to write new topics about how to manage that card plus my old gtx 770 together and also if there's a way to make an animation in maya and export it to the standalone for rendering ;)
thank you for your help those who answered me.
s.
djiin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:45 pm

glimpse Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:45 pm
djiin wrote:well, ok, i got it working finally, the issue was the maya plugin, you were right glimpse, i've tried with the standalone and everything was fine. i don't understand the plugin wasn't on the download pages, there's another one there more recent which i tried but didn't worked...pfff, the one working was on the forum in a topic, it is 2.26.1 - 7.20.4.

Happy to hear in the end it worked out =) if You want to get the latest update, just check forums once in a while or join facebook group (I post there once new build is available) inside Your customer aread as far as I know they do not put test builds, only main stable releases.

djiin wrote: the titan pascal is damn fast in the standalone but not that much within maya, don't know why in the end.

strange, there should not be any difference..could You post some print-screens using more or less the same scene & same render settings.?

djiin wrote:anyway i got to write new topics about how to manage that card plus my old gtx 770 together

I actually use 670 with TitanBlack at my home rig. I prefer 670 to drive screens, while leaving rendering for Titan. That gives the best experience & full amount of available vram from bigger card. If You would render with both at the same time, You should put screen card into priority for screes meaning You would not gain too much performance & then You would be limited by smallest amount of vram that one of Your GPUs have..- not ideal to say the least.

djiin wrote:and also if there's a way to make an animation in maya and export it to the standalone for rendering ;)

Yeah, You can export .abc file from Maya & import it into standalone =)

djiin wrote:thank you for your help those who answered me.
s.

Cheers, happy to help ;)
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to General Discussion