VERY slow processing geometry and Phoenix Ocean

Forums: VERY slow processing geometry and Phoenix Ocean
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

VERY slow processing geometry and Phoenix Ocean

Postby coilbook » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:54 pm

coilbook Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:54 pm
Hi Paridie,
could you look at this scene and render the animation. When subdivision level is set to like 4-5 render times get very very slow mostly because of initial geometry processing every frame. is this how octane does and nothing can be done?

If you can just simulate 50 frames and then render you will see slow processing times Thanks
submesh ocean.jpg

Anyway future octane versions will start processing next frame while rendering of the first frame is happening? So we get instant rendering next frame?

Thanks
Attachments
ocean.zip
(138.01 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: VERY slow processing geometry and Phoenix Ocean

Postby coilbook » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 am

coilbook Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:48 am
1. Here is another example. Changing waves height in phoenix ocean map changes wave displacement making scene go from 1.3 gb to 5.8gb but why load time go up so much. Almost 3 min to load 6Gb of mesh to the vram? why so slow

2. 400,000 foam particles it gets even slower to load from 26 seconds to 50 because we dont have good procedural foam

3. Also selecting phoenix ocean and enabling motion blur on water (vertex mb with movable proxy) makes loading time go from 26 seconds to 1:27
Attachments
load times.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Bug Reports