OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Forums: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11
Sub forum for plugin releases
Forum rules
Any bugs related to this plugin should be reported to the Bug Reports sub-forum.
Bugs related to Octane itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby coilbook » Thu May 14, 2020 7:13 pm

coilbook Thu May 14, 2020 7:13 pm
why in AO mode specular materials are so dark ? ao dist plays too big of a role. it must be set to 0.1 for water to be normal transparency. Specular depth does nothing Can this be fixed ?

I remember in older version setting specular depth would change water brightness a lot. Now it's not visible

UPDATE:
specualr depth works with clear objects like a fish tank but inside small enclosed boxes water is too dark. Can we get a separate spinner for AO dist for specular shaders?

Thanks
Attachments
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
hjkghkghkjghkghghg.jpg
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby tcheng00 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:00 am

tcheng00 Fri May 15, 2020 3:00 am
Hmm, I seem to keep getting the move the object while Octane viewport is open and getting max crashing and exiting out. Generally happens when I add a new object and the system sometimes gets unstable. I know this is vague, but is there anything I should do to help you diagnose this problem?
tcheng00
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby paride4331 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:16 pm

paride4331 Fri May 15, 2020 1:16 pm
coilbook wrote:why in AO mode specular materials are so dark ? ao dist plays too big of a role. it must be set to 0.1 for water to be normal transparency. Specular depth does nothing Can this be fixed ?

I remember in older version setting specular depth would change water brightness a lot. Now it's not visible

UPDATE:
specualr depth works with clear objects like a fish tank but inside small enclosed boxes water is too dark. Can we get a separate spinner for AO dist for specular shaders?

Thanks


Hi coilbook,
I think not, but reducing AO dist you could use the absorption in the water to make it less bright.
Regards
Paride
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 3274
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby tcheng00 » Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 pm

tcheng00 Fri May 15, 2020 2:05 pm
It looks like AI Lights was the cause of the crashing on Max. When I turn it back on and start transforming objects on my screen it would crash again. Hope that helps.

A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
Win 10 Pro 1909
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
2X Nvidia 2070 Super
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
32 GB RAM
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
Studio 442.92
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
Not Installed
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
2020.1 - 10.11
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
3DS Max 2021
tcheng00
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby paride4331 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:05 pm

paride4331 Fri May 15, 2020 3:05 pm
tcheng00 wrote:It looks like AI Lights was the cause of the crashing on Max. When I turn it back on and start transforming objects on my screen it would crash again. Hope that helps.

A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
Win 10 Pro 1909
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
2X Nvidia 2070 Super
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
32 GB RAM
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
Studio 442.92
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
Not Installed
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
2020.1 - 10.11
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)
3DS Max 2021


Hi tcheng00,
try to set priority in device panel.
Regards
Paride.
2 x Evga Titan X Hybrid / 3 x Evga RTX 2070 super Hybrid
User avatar
paride4331
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 3274
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:19 am

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby tcheng00 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:19 pm

tcheng00 Fri May 15, 2020 4:19 pm
Thanks Paride,

It seems to have worked so far with NVLink disabled and 1 card for display and 1 for Octane. I will try activating NVLink and see if it gives me issues.
tcheng00
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby tcheng00 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:55 pm

tcheng00 Fri May 15, 2020 4:55 pm
Sorry, this is my bad, the priority thing didn't work. I think it worked before because AI Lights was unchecked. Once I made sure AI Lights was checked again, Max still crashes when I transform an object.
tcheng00
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby tcheng00 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:10 pm

tcheng00 Fri May 15, 2020 5:10 pm
So I've tried AI Lights On and Off on 1 GPU, 2 GPU with deactivated NVlink, and 2 GPU with activated NVLink. In all cases, AI Lights activated causes 3DS Max to crash when I transform an object. On a simple scene, the crash does not occur, but I'm working with a scene that uses 4-5 GB OOC. Not sure if it is due to a bigger scene or not, but I figure I mentioned it. Also, all my objects are set as movable proxies. For now, I'll deactivate AI Light until final render.
tcheng00
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby HHbomb » Sat May 16, 2020 6:39 am

HHbomb Sat May 16, 2020 6:39 am
I have such crashes with big scenes when moving object ( and I have always Ai lights activated )
YOKO Studio | win 10 64 | i7 5930K + 2 x GTX 20802ti | 3dsmax 2021 |
HHbomb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2020.1 - 10.11

Postby tcheng00 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:00 am

tcheng00 Sun May 17, 2020 2:00 am
HHbomb wrote:I have such crashes with big scenes when moving object ( and I have always Ai lights activated )


Does it go away when you deactivate AI Lights?
tcheng00
Octane Guru
Octane Guru
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:33 pm
Location: USA
PreviousNext

Return to Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:02 am [ UTC ]