- Added option "Cast illumination" to emitter nodes. Disabling this option will disable emission, i.e. it won't be visible in diffuse reflections, but still be fully visible in specular reflections. It will also be excluded from the direct light calculation.
- The emission sampling rate can now be set to 0, which means that the emitter will be excluded from the direct light calculation.
- Added option "Surface brightness" to emitter nodes. Enabling this option will cause emitters to keep the surface brightness constant independent of the emitter surface area, i.e. the total emitted power will be dependent on the emitter surface area. The scaling is done in a way that a texture emitter will produce the same colour in the rendering (if the diffuse channel is black), when the camera response curve is set to "Linear/off", exposure to 1, gamma to 2.2 and vignette to 0. Disabling the option will keep the total emission power constant, i.e. the surface brightness will become dependent on the emitter surface area.
- Removed the pins "Fstop" and "ISO" from the camera imager node, since they only control exposure which is done already by the exposure pin. The only thing these two pins added was confusion, since some people expected the ability to control the depth of field with Fstop. You can find a Lua script graph that emulates the old behaviour here: viewtopic.php?f=73&t=43944
- Scaled exposure in the camera imager so that a texture environment produces the specified colour in the rendering, if the camera response curve is set to "Linear/off", exposure to 1, gamma to 2.2 and vignette to 0. The exposure of older scenes will be converted automatically.
- Fixed incorrect rendering of Fresnel reflection on glossy materials with bump/normal maps.
- Fixed a kernel hang in displacement in certain situations.
- Fixed "ghosting" that sometimes occured when sub-sampling is enabled in network rendering.
- Fixed a bug in network rendering that could cause slaves to crash.
- Added diffuse roughness.
- Added new texture node "polygon side" which renders white on the front face and black on the backface of a polygon. You can use this to do backface culling (by putting this texture into the opacity channel) or to allow double-sided materials (placing it into a mix material) and textures (placing it into a mix texture).
- Replaced "coherent mode" with a float pin "coherent ratio", which allows you to blend between non-coherent rendering (0) and "super-coherent" rendering (1). Please be aware that for values above 0.4 you will usually need a few thousand samples per pixel to get rid of visible artifacts and values above 0.5 hardly ever make any sense.
- Fixed incorrect warning of invalid daemon sub-net.
- plugin bug fixes.
Due to the switch to CUDA 6.5 you will need a current graphics driver of version 344.x or higher.
Installer http://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads/ ... p_2_15.zip (30MB ZIP File)
For network slave and daemon please download standalone installer here
The OctaneRender® Team.