Format: v<Octane engine version> - <plugin version>
3ds Max version supported: 2013 to 2022
What's new in 2020.2: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=76901
Changes of the 11.12 version, from 11.11
- Added VDB grid display in 3dsMax viewport with multi channel support
- Fixed issues with light visibility / Clay mode
- Added missing Color clay mode
- Fixed texture update in 3dsmax viewport
- Fixed disabled animated Material update in material editor when texture cache is disabled
- Fixed animated 2D transform UI showing same values for X and Y
- Fixed AOV grah editor changes causing errors or wrong updates
- Fixed saving of Cryptomatte passes, as exr when animated, or as HDR RGB image.
- Fixed render of Cryptomatte passes in LDR with standard render.
- Disabled saving of Deep Image and cryptomate with normal Render, when Save file is unchecked.
Previous versions changelog (since major 4.0 plugin release):
- Code: Select all
Changes of the 11.11 version
- Updated to Octane Render 2020.2.5
- Fixed rotation of 2D transform
- Fixed texture animation of Composite material
- Fixed Ornatrix hair vertex color RGB order (added setting in Support/Ornatrix)
- Fixed Rendering of Render Elements passes
Changes of the 11.10 version
- Updated to Octane Render 2020.2.4
- Improved support of Environment maps [see details there https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=78198]
- Fixed loading of materials with invalid textures from some old scenes.
- Updated render AOV system and dialog
- Replaced custom drop down category buttons by standard 3dsmax rollups for some objects (scatter surface, scatter volume)
- Added support for normal / bump map from Physical material
- Fixed issues with OCIO
- Updated default type of some material's textures to be Color instead of None
Changes of the 11.09 version
- Updated to Octane Render 2020.2.3
- Fixed saving HDR as EXR without ocio config file, not using imager's LUT
- Fixed AOV info passes not automatically enabled when using 'normalized' versions of info passes
Changes of the 11.08 version
- Updated to Octane Render 2020.2.2
- Added support for Ornatrix vertex color
- Added vertex attribute Name selector in Color and Greycale vertex attribute texture.
- Added fix of invalid Material layers, when loading scene with corrupted materials.
- Updated AOV dialog, added missing Undo, Redo, moved layer scale and color on the single layer line
- Added Render pass settings in AOV scene settings
- Fixed White balance update from render settings's camera dialog
Changes of the 11.07 version
- Added support for 3dsmax 2022
- Fixed enable/disable of AOV layers causing the render to restart
- Fixed issues with EXR background for AOV image
- Added support for tyFlow particle Age. (Octane geo Modifier / tyFlow / particle UID). Use a Instance range texture with Maximun ID set to the frame count.
- Fixed issues that prevented to connect some UV transform (3D, scale, rotation,..) to some Image textures.
- Removed automatic creation of 2dTransform UV when creating Alpha Image, Greyscale Image and Tile texture (as for the RGB Image in previous release).
- Removed Quick update and Multi pass buttons from the viewport. Those are now enabled by default. Use Preferences/Viewport to revert if needed.
Changes of the 11.06 version
- Updated to Octane Render 2020.2.1
- Added a Light mixer tool in AOV settings to automatically create AOV output with layers for Light IDs from the scene objects
- Added option in AOV Image layer to use 3dsmax viewport Background image
- Updated AOV setting dialog with context menus to move layers and inputs up and down, etc
- Updated Material conversion from standard composite texture to Octane composite texture
- Updated Material conversion from Vray Blend material to Octane composite material
- Added categories to Octane textures to match SA organization in Material Browser
- Updated OCIO for EXR export (added Color space / look, ..)
- Fixed OCIO update in Octane camera
- Fixed crash with volumetric Spotlight
- Fixed 4K desktop scaling UI issues with some textures, Volume modifier, Octane geometry modifier
- Fixed animated textures not updated to viewport while draging timeline
- Fixed 'min display sample' for viewport camera
- Removed automatic creation of 2dTransform UV when creating a new RGB Image. (can be re-enabled in Preferences/Troubleshooting)
Changes of the 11.05 version
- Updated to Octane Render 2020.2
- Updated Composition texture
- Updated AOV dialog to support animation
- Fixed issues with AOV settings
- Fixed issues with OCIO
Changes of the 11.04 version
- Added editable names to inputs and layers of AOV settings
- Added Move up / down to AOV layer's context menu.
- Added Octane graph edition buttons in AOV settings.
- Automatically adding the render passes that are needed by AOV inputs in viewport, main render and orbx export.
- Fixed scatter object translation parameter having y,z components swapped, and not using 3dsmax distance units
- Added scatter object context menu on object parameters, with a Clear option.
- Fixed scatter object UI update.
- Fixed Vectron UI, boolean checkbox not visible.
- Fixed Vectron parameters, having empty name in Curve editor.
- Fixed Vectron parameter update, when using Undo/Redo
- Fixed Scatter Surface and Volume parameter update, when using Undo/Redo
- Fixed crash that can happen when adding a Octane Geometry modifier.
- Fixed crash when disconnecting a texture from the displacement mixer in Slate mode.
Changes of the 11.03 version
- Fixed issue in the AOV settings with Blend mode and Blend operation parameters not working
Changes of the 11.02 version
- Updated to Octane Render 2020.2 RC6
- Added AOV settings.
- Added Scatter surface object.
- Added Scatter volume object.
- Updated Composition texture.
- Fixed issues with UI scaling (4K monitor)
Changes of the 11.01 version
- Updated to Octane Render 2020.2 RC3
- Added OCIO system. See Octane preference to set an OCIO config file, and the OCIO settings in camera imager.
- Added control of hardware ray tracing. See Device settings.
- Added nested dielectic option and material priority.
- Added Spotlight distribution texture.
- Added Composition texture.
- Added Textures: Channel pick, Channel merge, Channel map, Channel invert.
- Added Textures: Ray type pick, Chaos.
- Added Octane Geometry primitives.
- Fixed occasional missing post initialization, resulting in inactivated maxscript commands.
- Fixed missing scrollbar in some combo.
- Fixed incomplete list of channel type for Info channel Kernel.
Changes of the 10.20 version
- Fixed TyFlow issues with motion blur
- Updated Vray material conversion with better support of Glossiness (See options in Global settings, VRay tab)
- Fixed standard NormalBump texture, incorrectly connected to Bump pin instead of Normal pin.
- Fixed usage of both normal and bump for NormalBump and VRayNormalMap. Note that Mix textures is supported when used in normal/bump slot, but a Mix of NormalBump is not supported.
- Fixed bug causing messages '.. set array in attribute of wrong type' and out of memory error.
- Fixed crash when trying to select the root node from an Object layer helper
- Fixed crash with Corona material conversion using Displacement
- Fixed orbx export with Ortho view.
- Fixed loading of older scenes, that could reset tonemapping to linear
- Added Octane Preset helper object to keep material conversion setting and other settings in non octane scenes. (see description and samples here: https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=76178)
- Renamed Octane User Settings / Octane Global Preferences as Octane Preferences.
Changes of the 10.19 version
- Fixed Forest pack motion blur when using motion blur steps > 2
- Fixed missing setup of motion blur settings on multiple rendering with normal renderer.
- Fixed un-necessary rebuild of mesh with some node manipulation while rendering in viewport
Changes of the 10.18 version
- Fixed subdivision in Octane geometry modifier with non movable proxy (now internally set to movable)
- Updated MaxScript support For orbx export. See updated maxscript post: [https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62173]
- Updated Ornatrix support (update viewport when changing options in Support tab, fixed switch from non movable to movable proxy, ..)
- Updated Orbx proxy object with better support of instances;
- Fixed crash with Hair and Fur and other plugins, related to Broadcast messages.
- Fixed issues when adding modifier while rendering in viewport, and using Undo / Redo
- Changed default Imager response curve to sRGB (cf Global preference / Kernel default tab)
Changes of the 10.17 version
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1.5
Changes of the 10.16 version
- Fixed missing viewport update when hiding/showing sun lights (eg Octane dayLight) with Quick Mode.
- Fixed missing viewport update when changing Object Layer Helper parameters with Quick Mode.
- Added object list in Object Layer Helper, for objects matching layer ID and baking ID
- Fixed context menu for Quick export, incorrectly hidden if Multi passes was disabled.
- Fixed issue with texture Drag and drop in material editor
- Added support for standard vertex color map in material conversion / 'on the fly' conversion. Note that an Octane geometry modifier may need to be added to objects to read additional map channels.
- Fixed material conversion of vrayNormalMap, now separated to normal and bump pins of Universal material
- Fixed material conversion of bitmap gamma, now set to 1.0 when used as Specular, Opacity, Reflection, etc.. (option in Global preferences / tab 'Vray/Corona/std')
- Update material conversion dialog and added progress / status message.
- Added 'Target focus' mode for Universal camera
- Fixed UI scaling issues for Octane Light (4K monitor, Windows display scale)
- Fixed invalid class names for MaxScript usage (-> '_2D_transformation()' and '_3D_transformation()', see option 'Fix Non Standard internal class names' in Troubleshooting of Global preferences)
- Fixed hidden object state change undetected while not rendering
- Improved support of Vertex Paint modifier, to handle any map channel, without the need of adding the Octane geometry modifier
- Fixed issues when converting material with the classic material editor opened, not updating correctly the current slot.
- Changed the default Movable proxy settings to be Enabled.
- Added option to keep material layer group empty on creation. (Global preference / Material tab: 'Create empty material layer group' )
Changes of the 10.15 version
- Added direct access to relevant standard max object properties in Octane object properties (eg visibility, Cast Shadows, ..)
- Fixed geometry update issue when deleting / adding modifiers, eg Octane Geometry Properties
- Fixed special octane geometry usage with Octane Geometry Properties modifier
- Fixed motion blur object settings update while rendering
- Fixed motion blur steps
- Fixed velocity channel in Octane object properties discarding map ID 1.
- Added Generic velocity scale ('Support' tab), for use of motion blur with velocity maps, as value units may varies with plugins generating those maps. Note that too big values may result in Octane hanging.
- Updated Octane light UI to use 2 lines for size parameters.
- Added conversion of Physical Material
- Fixed occasional crash in material conversion
- Fixed loading of old scenes with 'Non linear tonemapping' disabled, missing to set response curve to Linear/Off
- Added Quick export in viewport context menu of Octane node viewer button (single frame orbx export)
Changes of the 10.14 version
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1.4
- Fixed vectron geometry input node, not re-initialized correctly on rebuild scene.
- Updated vectron geometry input node to use node object layer settings
- Fixed material editor UI issues when loading old max file with image texture having an invalid image type.
- Fixed Octane light class name for maxscript usage : reverted back to "OctaneLight" instead of "Octane Light"
Changes of the 10.13 version
- Added Tone mapping settings in Kernel tab, for viewport and main Renderer. LDR allows to view cryptomate simplified colors. Note that the setting is also available in viewport's pass selection button
- Updated Octane Light to support target mode, color texture; improved UI and viewport display
- Fixed Octane Light On/Off not updated
- Fixed Vectron UI issues and support for geometry input parameter
- Fixed upsampling settings in Octane Camera's imager (none, 2x2, 4x4)
- Updated animated sequence files system for image files and Octane Volume files, with support of loop, ping pong types.
- Added support for ifl files for Octane Volume's animated vdb file list.
- Fixed image filename not displayed in Material editor when file is not found.
- Fixed viewport refresh on some kernel settings change (gamma hack)
- Fixed RTX Enabled checkbox, occasionally not matching the internal setting.
- Added P2P memory usage display in viewport statistics when RTX is enabled.
- Fixed movable proxy test of 'visible to camera' and 'cast shadow' node setting
- Fixed texture dialog in material editor, not updated correctly when changing to another texture slot of same type
- Fixed undo/redo for material editor and volumetric light
- Fixed some material parameters not imported correctly from LiveDB
Changes of the 10.12 version
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1.3
- Added Volumetric Spotlight
- Added Universal Camera
- Fixed RTX enable option not saved as global setting, and not updated when changed from Octane device setting window
- Fixed Camera and Light target position not set correctly when turning on target mode
- Fixed octane light instances when changing vectron mode while rendering in viewport
- Fixed export of some animated textures (3d transform, projection, displacement, etc)
- Fixed Kernel pixel grouping settings.
- Set unique names to object layer nodes, for render pass CryptoObjectNode
Changes of the 10.11 version
- Added a default 'Use Only Standard Particle' setting for tyFlow in Global preferences
- Added a default Kernel setting for gpu headroon in Global preferences, changed from 100 MB to 512 MB.
- Fixed crash in Material Editor with some textures (OSL, Displacement vertex mixer, ..)
- Fixed Octane Object properties, not displaying the Light flag checkboxes when Notify Object on render is set to 'Per object'
- Fixed UI not fully visible with Windows desktop scalling >= 125 % for Kernel / EXR compression file type combo box.
- Fixed Image sequence UI with start frame incorrectly updated
Changes of the 10.10 version
- Updated tyFlow support: Particle orientation with motion Blur, Material override per particle
- Fixed issues with tyFlow particle motion Blur.
- Added support for tyFlow particle Mesh velocity for motion blur
- Added option in tyFlow Support Tab and global preferences to always set tySplines as movable proxy
- Added option in tyFlow Support Tab and Octane geometry Modifier to use standard particle interface only (allows to render from particle Shape without Mesh operator)
Note that this is for backward compatibility; it is preferable to add a Mesh operator when needed.
- Added option in Octane Properties context menu to display external Object details (tyFlow objects)
- Fixed Material editor scale issue with Windows Scale and layout set to 125%
- Fixed toggle 'Enable displacement map' in Kernel
Changes of the 10.09 version
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1
- Fixed occasional crash with some tyFlow simulators
Changes of the 10.08 version
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1 RC4
- Re-added support for 3dsMax 2013,2014
- Fixed Octane Light with Vectron mode failling to connect a Transmission texture
Changes of the 10.07 version
- Added support for 3dsMax 2021
- Removed support for 3dsMax 2013, 2014
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1 RC3
- Added default texture size used when Material conversion needs baking texture (Global settings)
- Improved texture conversion for Falloff with curves, Noise , ..
- Added internal Material with Object color when object don't have any material assigned. (to enabled in Global settings, Material tab)
- Fixed converted materials not always re-assigned to objects.
- Added Material 'on-the-fly' conversion support for VRayLight, VRaySun
- Added options to convert only specific materials (selected objects, current in Material editor)
- Fixed converted Material display in viewport and assignments to objects
- Improved standard bitmap support for tilling, real world uvs
- Added more supported materials (CoronaLight, CoronaColor, CoronaTriplanar, CoronaLightMtl, CoronaLayeredMtl, CoronaRaySwitchMtl, CoronaHairMtl, stdChecker, stdTint, ..)
- Fixed issue with UI refresh of OSL Camera, OSL Baking Camera, OSL projection.
- Fixed Hair and fur not rendered when H&F mode is not 'geometry' . See Support tab, Hair and fur panel
Changes of the 10.06 version
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1 RC2
- Added support for Material conversion 'on-the-fly' for most currently supported non-Octane materials and textures
- Improved support for material conversion of falloff textures
- Improved support for material conversion of Output texture
- Added support for vray Car paint Material (experimental)
- Added rendering with default 3dsmax object color, when no material is set.
- Minor bug fixes
Changes of the 10.05 version
- Fixed 2d projection texture issue with second values of scale / transform not editable.
- Fixed incorrect desktop scale (eg, with 4k monitors) in Material editor and for some Kernel settings
- Fixed background environment Color not updated in Octane viewport
- Changed Out of core maximum ram from 128GB to 1024GB
- Removed invalid 'Export material' button in Material layers
Changes of the 10.04 version
- Fixed missing geometry from Forest Pack and other plugins when using XRef objects.
- Changed the range of floating points of texture pins from [0-1] back to [0-100000] (as in previous version of the Material editor UI; but beware that the valid range is [0-1] )
- Moved all broadcast settings to kernel settings. All are now scene specific.
- Fixed update of image textures compression and layer settings.
- Updated Material editor UI for better performance.
Changes of the 10.03 version
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1 XB3
- Added Dirt visibility in Octane Object Properties
- Re-introduced Legacy mode for Forest pack, for simpler backward compatibility with older scenes.
Changes of the 10.02 version
- Fixed update of instances of animated proxy, when using Direct mode.
- Fixed occasionally missing helper buttons in Forest pack support tab.
- Fixed standard particle update with normal render.
- Fixed issues with the viewport 'Rebuild' button.
- Fixed phoenixFD particles for fire simulators
- Fixed crash when phoenixFD creates Omni lights
- Fixed missing update when material assigned to one of multiple instances
Changes of the 10.01 version
- Added support for PhoenixFD version 4
- Fixed missing geometry for some types (Boolean, ..)
Changes of the 10.00 version
- Updated to Octane render 2020.1 XB2
- Added TyFlow support.
- Added RailClone instance support.
- Updated PhoenixFD support
- Updated Forest pack
- Simplified Forest pack support settings, with status display and optional change of FP render mode.
- Updated Out of core settings UI, to match Stand Alone names
- Improved material editor dialogs for most materials and textures
Changes of the 9.01 version
- Updated to Octane render 2019.2 XB3
- Added Hair material
- Added RTX acceleration in Device settings, to enable the RTX backend for ray tracing (experimental).
- Added Random walk medium texture
- Updated Dirt texture
Changes of the 8.07 version
- Updated to Octane render 2019.1 RC5
- Added Displacement vertex mixer texture
Changes of the 8.06 version
- Updated Ornatrix support. Added Ornatrix settings in the 'Support' tab, and added new UV channel selection. Those are now saved per scene.
- Fixed crash with automatic baking of standard Bitmap.
Automatic baking is permormed when a standard Bitmap is used as 'Standard texture' in Octane materials. (This can be disabled in a new setting in material tab, "Always Bake Standard Bitmap")
This allows support of all Bitmap settings, like Cropping / placement.
Changes of the 8.05 version
- Updated Forest pack support.
- Added 'Support' tab in render settings, for common settings and external plugin configuration. Those are now scene specific, with default values editable in Global preference.
- Moved Network config to the Devices tab
- Updated Particle flow support. Render mode (vs viewport mode) is now read from object properties 'Use render mode', and can be overridden in 'Support' tab.
- Added support for multiple shapes for PFlow, using shape instance: group of objects.
- Updated PhoenixFD : Added setting of particle object layer using particle mesh object's properties.
- Fixed camera FOV update when changing viewport
- Added automatic baking of standard Bitmap used as 'Standard texture' in Octane materials. (This can be disabled in a new setting in material tab, "Always Bake Standard Bitmap").
This allows support of all Bitmap settings, like Cropping / placement.
- Fixed Volume ramp texture changes not updating viewport
- Fixed bugs reading ifl files
- Added Orbx export of animated textures (ifl files)
Changes of the 8.04 version
- Updated to Octane render 2019.1 RC3
Changes of the 8.03 version
- Updated to Octane render 2019.1 RC2
- Renamed Dielectric layer material as Specular layer material
- Removed Coating layer material
- Fixed Forest pack objects using random color.
- Added object layer to Forest pack objects, (using the Octane properties of the scattered object, eg layer ID, light settings..)
Changes of the 8.02 version
- Updated to Octane render 2019.1 RC1
- Renamed Specular layer material as Dielectric layer material
- Added Coating layer material
- Added Cutoff to Post processing settings
- Added Max subdivision of Kernel settings
- Added Motion blur to Octane cameras, to set motion blur parameters per camera. Moved kernel settings motion blur to Camera tab.
- Fixed OSL parameter and shader update and animation (Vectron, OSL cameras)
Changes of the 8.01 version
- Updated to Octane render 2019.1 XB2
- Added Composite material
- Added Shadow catcher material
- Added Vertex displacement texture
- Added Layered material
- Added new Layer materials (Diffuse layer, Specular layer, Metallic layer, Sheen layer, Layer group)
- Added AI upsampling settings to Imager
- Added 'Affect roughness' in Kernel settings.
Changes of the 7.08 version
- Fixed issue with some objects being ignored when not set as movable proxy
- Fixed issue with viewport stopping to update while editing environment texture
Changes of the 7.07 version
- Updated to Octane render 2018.1.3
- Fixed un-hide object while rendering in Octane viewport.
- Fixed channel map setting in octane geometry modifier, when loading older scene with objects using subdivision or other geometry settings.
- Updated internal geometry handler, for better support of external plugins. Currently disabled by default - see TroubleShooting tab.
- Changed shutter time maximum value to 100000 %.
- Fixed issues with material editor previews of transform and ramp textures.
- Updated Ornatrix hair to latest sdk, with new support of hair width.
- Fixed fps settings for orbx export
Changes of the 7.06 version
- Updated to Octane render 2018.1.2
- Added option to save and restore Octane Viewport window size options ('Remember Octane Viewport Window' in Viewport Tab of Global Preferences).
- Fixed crash when cancelling creation of object with viewport opened with Quick mode enabled.
- Fixed crash on exit while viewport still open
- Added Shutter settings for animation, matching Octane Stand Alone.
- Fixed orbx export of octane camera animation data
- Fixed orbx export of object visibility animation, environment color, float texture value
Changes of the 7.05 version
- Added support of 3dsmax 2020
- Improved Material Editor performance
- Added texture caching for 3dsmax viewport and texmap view in material editor
- Added option to disable tooltips. This can slightly improve performance when switching materials. See TroubleShooting tab in Octane global preferences.
- Fixed missing viewport update when changing texture file.
- Fixed issues with non Ansii path for localDB
- Fixed crash when creating new Vectron object
- Added Octane commands that can be optionally added to the Octane menu (cf Customize menu) : 'Refresh materials', 'Explore scene Folder', etc..
Changes of the 7.04 version
- Updated to Octane render 2018.1
- Added support for 3dsmax standard particles (Spray, SuperSpray, Blizzard, PArray, etc..) . See note in post bellow.
- Added Kernel Default settings tab in Global settings, used when changing renderer to Octane
- Fixed issues with motion blur sample count, when multiple instances have different settings
- Added support for 'Invert output' when converting material from standard Bitmap.
- Fixed material conversion, when standard Bitmap for opacity map has no alpha (using a 'Greyscale image' instead of 'Alpha image')
- Fixed material conversion, when standard Bitmap for opacity map has Mono output set RGB (using a 'RGB image' instead of 'Alpha image')
- Fixed material conversion: VRay IES light color / temperature type
- Fixed missing conversion of VRay camera horizontal and vertical shift, to octane lens shift
- Added for material conversion: VRay IES power scale in Global settings
- Added support for 'true' / 'false' in addition to 'True' / 'False' when reading Octane object property strings.
- Added tools to check Movable proxy and animated objects (right click in Object properties list)
- Added Quick Mode selection in Render settings
- Updated scene evaluation for better performance (more in progress)
- Fixed PFlow particle orientation
Changes of the 7.03 version
- Updated to Octane render 2018 RC4
Changes of the 7.02 version
- Updated to Octane render 2018 RC3
- Fixed orthographic camera aperture
- Updated vertex attributes to use the new vertex index per attribute. This fixes issues with some types of meshes.
- Added Cryptomatte passes : CryptoMaterialNode and CryptoObjectNode
- Added Cryptomatte settings in Render settings / Kernel tab.
Changes of the 7.01 version
- Updated to Octane render 2018 RC1
- Added Octane Geometry Properties modifier, for vertex color and attributes, and mesh subdivision
- Added setting to change localDB directory
- Fixed processing of animated objects when they are empty on first render (eg particles)
- Fixed scatter depth not being set
- Fixed OSL asset tracking for Vectron objects
- Fixed GPU memory display in Viewport
- Updated Planetary Environment, replacing axis and angle by longitude, latitude settings
Changes of the 7.00 version
- Updated to Octane render 2018 xb2
- Added Vectron object. See Stand Alone documentation and 3dsmax samples to be posted soon.
- Added Volume SDF support. (using a new Type parameter in Octane Volume object)
- Added Cryptomatte passes, and new Save Image options to saved output as EXR file. Standard render also saves additional EXR files.
- Added Texture cache settings in Global settings, Material tab. Note that the texture compression is now internally cached.
- Added Vertex attribute texture maps (Color and Float) and preliminary support of Vertex paint modifier.
- Fixed drag and drop of texture map on osl parameters
Changes of the 6.12 version
- Updated to Octane render 4.01.1
- Added direct save as multi pass EXR from viewport (right click on save image button, exr compression and other settings in Global settings / Viewport )
- Fixed multi tile compression selection when using standard Multitile
- Fixed crash in material converter when a texture image file was not found
- Added Orbx import using new Orbx proxy object. (Animation from orbx not supported yet)
- Fixed missing tga file type when browsing for Alpha Image.
- Fixed render restart in some cases when opening Material editor or browsing texture/material.
- Improved scene loading time when textures are set visible in 3dsmax viewport.
Changes of the 6.11 version
- Added Reset Default settings in Global settings
- Fixed update of 'Enable displacement' changes
- Added support of texture compression for Image Tile texture.
- Fixed viewport update on some object properties change
- Fixed crash when using XRef material in Mix Texture
- Fixed Use Window resolution not having priority over Use production resolution.
- Added support of motion blur for Forest Pack
Changes of the 6.10 version
- Updated to Octane render 4.00
- Fixed issues with Tile grid (undo Clear)
- Fixed Persistancy issues for orbx Export
- Added Persistancy for static geometry (nodes not set as Movable proxy)
- Added Film region button in viewport window.
- Renamed viewport button 'Lock resolution' as 'Use window resolution' (matching Render View Settings option in Render setup)
- Fixed regions rectangle for 'Use window resolution' mode.
- Added 'Multiple Render Passes' mode for Viewport, to switch render pass without restarting render.
- Added a Quick mode in Octane Viewport, for faster interactive response with large number of Movable proxy. This may not support all types of changes at the moment, and you may need to press the Update geometry button in some cases.
- Fixed render setting dialog issues when liveDB path is invalid.
- Improved performance for Octane proxy file loading, and for some scene parsing cases.
Changes of the 6.09 version
- Updated to Octane render 4.00 RC7 (including thumbnail fix, fixing previous version texture issues in max viewport and material editor)
- Improved compression UI . The viewport now display "Compressing Textures..."
- Improved Region rendering UI in viewport.
Changes of the 6.08 version
- Updated to Octane render 4.00 RC6
- Added Percistancy options, to keep materials and geometry in memory ('Octane Scene Percistancy' in Global preferences, tab Main Settings)
- Enabled texture compression. (you should use 'Keep materials' or 'Keep all nodes' Percistency setting)
- Added maxScript functions OctaneSceneClearAll, OctaneSceneClearGeometry, OctaneSceneClearMaterials to clear persistent nodes (eg "OctaneMaxFPI.OctaneSceneClearAll()");
- Fixed material conversion from standard, to use alpha image texture for opacity
- Fixed region rendering with denoiser.
- Changed viewport region to match 3dsmax viewport Region, and rendered using Octane Film region.
- Fixed light mask not changing to all enabled, when viewport is opened.
- Fixed issues with Object Property dialog using Undo Create, Undo Delete
- Fixed issues with OSL UI not refreshed, OSL Camera textures.
- Fixed GPU settings not always sent to Octane at startup, or when opening Octane device window
Changes of the 6.07 version
- Updated to Octane render 4.00 RC4
- Better fix of PhoenixFD volume not rendered when rendering starts before simulated frames
- Added Light ID inversion in kernel settings.
- Added camera tools to copy parameters to / from viewport camera and other cameras.
- Changed limit of parallel samples from 16 to 32
- Fixed export of animated Octane lights
- Updated texture compression to show only valid options.
- Temporarely disabled texture compression, to avoid occasional crashes (fix coming soon)
- Added Octane expiration time in Account tab, when applicable.
Changes of the 6.06 version
- Added support for Image color format to Image Tiles texture (rgba, Greyscale, alpha)
- Fixed support for Channel format in Image Tiles texture.
- Added support for texture compression. See note below.
- Added support for volume denoiser.
- Moved Light pass IDs to object properties dialog, to allow light influence setting per object.
- Added option to save denoised beauty output instead of normal beauty. (Global settings, tab Main settings)
- Save and Restore of Octane Viewport render pass in max scene.
- Fixed PhoenixFD volume not rendered when rendering starts before simulated frames.
- Fixed object layer helper visibility in viewport
Changes of the 6.05 version
- Updated to Octane render 4 RC2
- Fixed issue whith movable proxy instances when 'Clear node cache when render' option is disabled.
- Updated 'Image tiles' texture. See separate post for usage. (https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=68575)
- Added a 'Per object' setting to the 'Use obj render settings' flag in kernel settings, causing performance issues. (renamed Notify Object on render).
- Fixed Object layer helper viewport display
Changes of the 6.04 version
- Updated to Octane render 4.00 XB4
- Added Global Light pass IDs mask Control in kernel settings to enable / disable Light passes
- Added Light pass IDs in Object layer helper to Control enabled light passes per layer
- Added 'Keep instance power' in emission textures, Octane Light, and IES light
- Added 'Image tiles' texture. [Please don't use! : unstable and currently works only with max2017's MultiTile, limited to U offset]
Changes of the 6.03 version
- Added Universal material
- Added Planetary Environment
- Added Nishita Light mode in Daylight Environment
- Fixed crash when using an Octane texture for non standard purpose (eg displacement map of PhoenixFD's simulator)
- Added option to use PhoenixFD displacement map for particles [experimental]
- Added calls to PheonixFD frame pre and post update functions (3.10), so that updates will work even if broadcast of standard notifications is disabled.
- Changed PhoenixFD particle group selection in modifier, as previous usage of group index could change during animation.
- Fixed missing update of imager when switching cameras/perspective while in same viewport
- Fixed export of animated environment (sun direction, etc..)
- Added Ground color in Daylight Environment
- Fixed issues with cloning objects while viewport is open
- Fixed issues with undo, redo cloning, instancing, deleting objects while viewport is open
- Fixed issues with material editor preview cache
- Fixed material color used in max viewport not animated (3dsmax 2014 and over)
- Added option to render transparency / opacity in max viewport (enabled by default, change in Global Settings / Material tab)
- Fixed issues when changing Movable proxy setting while viewport is open
- Added option to re-use object settings for new objects, allowing instant render when Movable proxy is enabled.
- Added 'auto sync' selection to Octane Object Property dialog.
- Added Distribution texture to Octane light.
Changes of the 6.02 version
- Improved Material editor performance: added cache and down-scaling of Material preview images : see new tab 'Material' in user settings
- Reduced minimal refresh time in viewport settings to 0 ms : (default is 30, minimum was 10 : please use 0 for fastest interactive updates)
- Added option to set this refresh time to 0 automatically when loading previous scenes (enabled by default, see option 'Optimize Refresh time for old scenes' of 'Viewport' tab in user settings)
- Fixed Material editor UI being refreshed continuously in some cases.
Changes of the 6.01 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 4.00 XB3
- Added AI Denoiser settings in Camera tab (Render setup), and in Octane camera object, in the Imager section.
- Added Out of core geometry settings in the Kernel tab (Render setup)
- Added AI Light settings in Kernel tab, in the supported kernel panes (Direct light, Path tracing, PMC)
- Added Render Elements for the denoiser passes
- Updated device settings to select GPU(s) for denoiser
Changes of the 5.11 version
- Fixed issues with subdivision options
- Fixed issues with movable proxy while rendering in viewport (hide, delete)
Changes of the 5.10 version
- Fixed UI scaling issues when using a Windows desktop scaling different from 100 %
- Fixed crash when using MultiScatter plugin
Changes of the 5.09 version
- Updated Octane Render to 3.08.1
- Fixed scatter node issue [first object used another node]
- Added geometry subdivision options in Octane Object properties.
- Fixed camera animation not being exported to Orbx.
- Fixed kernel setting rollup missing when changing kernel type (max2015 and bellow)
- Made Octane Object properties resizable
Changes of the 5.08 version
- Fixed PhoenixFD missing particle Object layer, to control Catch Shadow, etc..
- Added Phoenix particle informations in Octane WSM modifier
- Fixed DB import of RGB image import
- Fixed DB import of Transform Value
- Fixed orbx export of animated scene with motion blur disabled
- Fixed orbx export with no animation and motion blur enabled
Changes of the 5.07 version
- Fixed PhoenixFD detection occasionally missing, that could make particles not being rendered.
- Added information and channel choice in PhoenixFD volume modifier
- Fixed compatibility issues with PhoenixFD 3.04 / 3.10
- Fixed issue with render element filename
- Fixed issue with extra log output
Changes of the 5.06 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.08
- Fixed Volume emission
Changes of the 5.05 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.08 RC4
- Fixed orbx export issue
- Fixed asset path change from Asset Tracking dialog for Octane Proxy files
- Added asset management for Octane volume files
- Fixed scene rebuild issue with camera locked
Changes of the 5.04 version
- Added support for 3ds Max 2019
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.08 RC3
- Fixed crashes in Slate Material editor
- Fixed default color of OSL shader input not set properly
- Fixed shader editor unavailable after render scene from viewport
- Fixed previous shader parameters still visible when changed to another shader with compile errors
- Fixed issue with material preview
- Added some assets to 3dsmax Asset manager (cube files, some bitmaps and osl shaders)
- Updated Orbx export to display current exported frame and allow to cancel export.
Changes of the 5.03 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.08 RC2
- Fixed OSL input types string and combo box integer
- Minor improvements of material UI
- Updated PhoenixFD Sdk to 3.10 (not using new features yet)
Changes of the 5.02 version
- Fixed bugs in RGB image UI (projection / transform map buttons)
- Fixed support of edition / UI interaction for OSL projection shader
- Fixed toon light on/off flag
- Added missing support of displacement textures for LiveDB import
Changes of the 5.01 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.08 RC1
- Added OSL Texture
- Added OSL Camera and Baking camera
- Added OSL Projection
- Added Toon Material and Toon lights
- Added Metallic Material
- Added Custom LUT support
- Added new render pass from 3.08
- Added new camera response curves from 3.08
- Fixed object properties dialog issues
- Added missing flags from texture emissions to octane light (double sided, visible on diffuse, etc..)
- Added auto/16/32 bit option for HDR texture
- Fixed camera animation export
- Fixed imager animation export
- Fixed orbx export name display not updated
- Added support for PhoenixFD 3.05
- Fixed crash when converting multi materials that are set as visible in viewport.
- Added warning dialog on GPU failure
- Fixed issue with old V1 conversion
- Fixed crash when converting multi materials that are set as visible in viewport.
- Added 'Quick mode' for viewport, keeping sample per pixel low (eg 1) while user moves objects. (see User settings/Viewport)
- Added tooltips for most Octane objects and materials
Changes of the 4.44 version
- Fixed issue with User Instance IDs not being updated
- Improved object selection from Object properties list to max scene ('to Max' button)
- Made object properties dialog non blocking
Changes of the 4.43 version
- Fixed Movable Proxy issues
- Added missing Shadow pass in Render Element list
- Added tools in Object properties to set User Instance IDs automatically
- Added tools in Object properties to check and set objects as instances, for optimal usage of scatter nodes
- Added support for 3d transform for texture uv, from DB import.
Changes of the 4.42 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.07
- Added Instance Color Texture
- Added Instance Range Texture
- Added UVW Texture
- Added Baking Texture
- Added Object Layer Helper, to edit baking texture layers, using layer ID
- Added option 'Double-Sided' to Emission Texture
- Added option 'Visible On Specular' to Emission Texture
- Added option "Transparent emission" to Emission Texture
- Renamed 'Cast Illumination' to Visible On Diffuse option in Emission Texture
- Added support for user defined instance IDs in all geometry nodes, except the volume node
- Added User instance IDs in scatter nodes
- Added menu in Octane properties to set User Instance IDs automatically
- Fixed viewport resolution not updated when using Production resolution and aspect ratio locked. Use option "Read Production resolution from dialog" in Trouble shooting settings.
- Added node names from max objects for Octane Node editor / orbx exporter
- Improved usage and performance of scatter node
Changes of the 4.41 version
- Fixed material preview not updated in Material editor, when changing image file.
- Fixed Pflow evaluation to use Render / Viewport particle percent settings
- Better fix of warning of incorrect output buffer size
- Added troubleshooting option to improve performance while not rendering ('Discard Changes while no Viewport')
Changes of the 4.40 version
- Improved performance of scene collection
- Fixed crash when Octane Proxy file not found.
- Improved handling of Octane Proxy files
- Fixed Proxy scale bug
- Fixed crash on Proxy export
- Fixed support for animated background in viewport
- Fixed issues with W's for Ornatrix Hair
- Added options to fix render perpetual restart for some cases with Ornatrix ('Ignore changes' in TroubleShooting )
- Fixed issues with PFlow, when using an alembic Object as particle (restarting render, invisible objects)
- Fixed unnecessary reload and restart render of static VDB Volume when changing timeline [cf option TroubleShooting / 'Skip invalidating empty Octane Volume channel']
- Fixed material DB import issues
- Fixed warning of incorrect output buffer size happening in some cases.
- Added a Refresh Live DB option, to reload local DB
- Added support of some node types on import (UVW, linear, cylindrical, perspective projections)
- Added visual input nodes for gradient texture in Slate editor
- Added 'Octane Node Viewer' button in viewport window
- Added Orbx export options to use preset or edited path and filename
Changes of the 4.39 version
- Added support of Octane textures in Gradient texture node
- Added PFlow particle scatter support option.
- Added PFlow velocity scale setting
- Added support of PFlow build in shapes
- Added support of PFlow motion Blur with scatter
- Fixed Forest Pack and MultiScatter viewport update issue
- Fixed crashes that can occur when sending notifications (eg with 3dsMax's Hair and Fur)
- Fixed crash with batch render with render elements, when output paths are invalid.
- Fixed issue with dummy normals option
- Fixed missing orientation control for IES Light.
- Fixed missing viewport update when changing visibility of a modifier
- Fixed Phoenix particle velocity orientation.
- Fixed crash when rendering with non Octane Render Element
- Updated User settings UI
Changes of the 4.38 version
- Fixed unnecessary viewport constant image update
- Fixed issue with motion blur when re opening viewport
Changes of the 4.37 version
- Fixed viewport render continuously restarting (seemed 'locked' at 1 sample)
- Fixed loss of motion blur with Phoenix FD liquids in viewport when moving timeline
- Fixed Phoenix FD particle rendering with multiple simulators
- Fixed crash with PFlow, when particle count decrease between 2 frames
- Improved viewport updates.
- Added 'Rebuild scene' button in viewport for unsupported changes (same as closing and re-opening viewport)
- Added Tooltip information in Octane object property dialog.
- Added option to skip Normal calculations (improve performance when working on big meshes, draft mode) : Global preferences / Trouble shooting tab.
- Added option to select additional broadcast notifications on frame change and scene pre evaluation (Global preferences / Trouble shooting tab).
Changes of the 4.36 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.06.4
Changes of the 4.35 version
- Fixed Octane Volume with VDB files, broken from 4.33
- Added export of animated material parameters (can be disabled in Global Settings)
- Fixed issues with viewport render locked at some sample/pix (eg, using adaptive sample). (Can be reverted to previous behavior using Global settings / Trouble Shooting / Enable Repeated Viewport Update)
- Renamed incorrect kernel parameter 'glossy depth' as 'Specular depth' for Path Tracing and PMC
- Added infinite plate support (octane properties, set 'Special object type' as "Inf. plane' on a selected object. That will render a plane instead of object mesh, using its material and position)
Changes of the 4.34 version
- Added support for 3dsMax 2018
- Added falloff skew default converted value in user settings ('MtlConversion_DefaultFallOffSkew')
- Updated Vray material conversion, when use refraction : can now create a mix material (see setting 'VRayConversion_Diffuse_Specular_MixAmount' )
- Added new exposed functions via maxscript and c++ (mainly for Octane Viewport control; doc and samples coming soon)
Changes of the 4.33 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.06
- Added Phoenix 3 support for particles (liquid, foam, splashes, mist, wetmap)
- Added option to create temporary camera for octane export
Changes of the 4.32 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.06 TEST 4
- Updated Phoenix FD 3 suppor: added support of Liquid and Fire/smoke simulators with new modifiers.
- Added load time fix of material normal set as value (to enable in Global preferences: 'Fix invalid material normal' )
Changes of the 4.31 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.06 TEST 3
- Added Adaptive sample support
- Added Texture types : AddTex, Subtract, Compare, Triplanar, Ridged Fractal
- Added Bokeh control to standard camera (thin lens camera) : Rotation, Roundness, Side count
- Added Triplanar UV projection.
- Added new render pass 'Noise' to inspect the current noise level. (when using adaptive sample)
- Fixed light type from VRay converter
- Added Reset octane Menu button in Tools tab
- Fixed conversion of Geyscale image map, AlphaImageTex, from version <= 1.91
- Added broadcast of frame rendering notifications (NOTIFY_PRE_RENDERFRAME, NOTIFY_POST_RENDERFRAME), activated by default, can be disabled in render settings
- Added Phoenix FD 3 support
Changes of the 4.30 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.05.3
- Fixed invisible camera when copied
- Fixed crash when using AO Render element
- Added Ambient Occlusion Texture for Direct light Kernel (color / value), replace environment color when used
- Removed deprecated GI light modes from the kernel settings combo ("Ambient", "Sample Environment")
- Fixed crash on drag and drop of environment texture to material editor
- Added User Global option to disable preview of environment texture in material editor
- Improved Vray converter
- Fixed camera settings that may be missing in orbx exporter
- Added Octane menu in max main menu
Changes of the 4.29 version
- Updated Octane Renderer to 3.05
- Fixed the Neutral Response save/load state checkbox in Camera Settings, when using presets
- Fixed viewport when rendering a texture bigger than 4GB (64bit)
- Fixed amount value for mix texture and mix material, to be in range [0, 1]
- Improved performance of evaluation for octane viewport (see Tools/option misc "Enable limited material update during scene Evaluation" )
- Fixed crash in camera creation when camera is not created and user cancels it by switching to another object creation (eg. Lights)
- Fixed Constant Gradient preview in 3DSMax Gradient Material
- Fixed Material preview in 3DSMax viewports
- Added separate AO distance for info pass, independent from direct light kernel mode
- Fixed frame update from RealFlow meshes (added 'Broadcast mode' rendering option in kernel, set to None by default; try 'Normal' if this creates issues with other plugins)
Changes of the 4.26 version
- Fixed Gradient Map Interpolation type reset bug on loading
- Added a CheckBox to enable - disable stats inside the rendering viewport
- Improved performance and stability for material editor
- Fixed crash when adding a render element in the batch rendering process
Changes of the 4.25 version
- Fixed crash with z-depth and locked resolution (render buffer width issue)
- Added access to Octane Viewport Pause Rendering action. Now it can be mapped to any keyboard shortcut (Customize/Customize User interface/Keyboard/Group:Octane)
Changes of the 4.24 version
- Updated Octane Renderer from 3.03.4 to 3.04.3
- Replaced render layer 'visibility only' to visibility mode
- Fixed crash if "Volume step length" of volume texture is too small
- Added scene evaluation status display in Octane viewport title bar and option to disable it in Tools tab
- Added missing texture types ("Cosine mix texture","Sine wave texture", "Triangle wave", "Saw wave", "Clamp" ), "W coordinates"
- Added support for W control for Ornatrix Hair
Note on new features from 4.24:
-The newly supported textures works same as in standalone : add at least a UV scaling map to adjust the effect.
Note that the render in max viewport do not match those settings yet..
The option in the Tools tab "Enable 3dsMax Viewport UV Correction" might help.
-The newly supported W control for Hair also works same as in standalone, eg: adding a 'W Coordinates' texture as input to a 'Gradient Texture' used for hair material will let you control the variation along the length of hairs.
This 'W Coordinates' has no parameters. You can use the option 'Use custom W for Hair' in Tools tab to use Ws generated by the hair plugin.
Changes of the 4.23 version
- Added menus to select valid VDB grid names for volume channel IDs
- Added options to change usage of empty VDB volume channel IDs (Tools tab)
- Added 'Explore folder' buttons in Tools/Troubleshooting
- Fixed dialog items scaling (eg, using 4K monitor and 150% scaling in Windows)
- Fixed new crash from 4.22 in material conversion
- Fixed max viewport wrong texture scale / tiling when using "Real world scale" on Bitmap UVs
Changes of the 4.22 version
- Fixed perspective correction
- Fixed crash on Render Elements / Add.. when Octane is not the renderer[*] Improved Octane Proxy Export dialog : display progress every frame, possible to cancel export, added time tweaking options
- Fixed crash on Save image from Octane Viewport
- Fixed texture environment material editor preview
- Fixed crash in non-octane material converter
- Added support of UV rotation and offset in non-octane material converter-- Mini guide to the new integrated material conversion system: --
- Fixed converted materials not showing in viewportPurpose: Load max scenes containing octane objects and materials created with octane plugin version 2.23.2 - 1.9 and earlier.
- Added buttons to convert non-octane materials only from slots or scene-Conversion system need to be activated first. 3dsMax need to be restarted for this activation / desactivation to take effect.
- Enabled Object color layer render pass-The 'Activate' check box let you select the activation status; a message 'Change will take effect on max restart' is shown as needed.
- Fixed occasional crash when using Render Elements-On the left of this check box, the current activation status is displayed.
Changes of the 4.21 version
- Fixed crash when exporting huge Octane Proxy files
- Improved Octane Proxy Export dialog : display progress every frame, possible to cancel export, added time tweaking options
Changes of the 4.20 version
- Fixed conversion of gradient texture
- Fixed conversion of main Camera Aperture, Focal depth, Dithering, Lens Shift, Min disp. samples
- Fixed proxy flag not recognized (now both 'octane_movable_proy' and 'octane_movable_proxy' are read, same for 'Octane_layer_ID' and 'octane_layer_ID')
- Fixed conversion failing to be activated (still grey materials in 4.19, where was working in 4.18..)
Changes of the 4.19 version
- Loading of 2.23.2 - 1.9 and older scenes with material conversion fully supported.
- Added conversion dialog in 'Tools' tab. See tooltips for more details.
Changes of the 4.18 version
- Loading of 2.23.2 - 1.9 and older scenes with material conversion support added. This should remove the need to use the external material converter !
(This is a Test version! : Known issues: gamma and ToneMaping are incorrect, memory usage will increase
-> don't overwrite you old scenes yet!)
- Fixed crash when using Reaction Manager with octane materials.
Changes of the 4.17 version
- New 3.03.4 rendering core.
- Fixed Black screen rendered when using Free Camera.
- Always enabled button to logout in Account tab.
- Added statistics in render window (object, face, light count).
- Changed CPU memory usage stat in Viewport to show used/maxi of 'out of core' reserved memory, instead of total estimate usage.
- bugs and memory leaks fixes.
Changes of the 4.16 version
- New 3.03.3 rendering core. Volumes export must work stable now, plus there are some other fixes in this new rendering core version...
- Added new "visible..." attributes for visible environment mode of daylight object.
Changes of the 4.15 version
- Implemented an export of volume objects. Known issue: currently export process might crash on some specific volume shapes. This is Octane core issue, must be fixed with next SDK version...
- Minor fixes and improvements...
Changes of the 4.14 version
- Improved render-elements windows positioning when exporting from interactive session.
- Fixed fluctuating bug: camera exposure got changed in some special cases after opening the saved scene (e.g. if FStop was not 2.8).
- Minor fixes and improvements...
Changes of the 4.13 version
- Added VDB import units type field to Octane VDB object.
Changes of the 4.12 version
- Unlocked the plugin's feature I've implemented a long time ago, responsible for loading the vertex velocities channel data into Octane rendering core if a velocity channel is present in an object of interest and if this channel is filled with a correct data by this object. This will not work for any 3ds Max (or thirdparty plugins) objects that do not have velocity channel exposed or fill it with faulty data (I've not seen the ones that do it correctly so far, perhaps you will find some). You can now find "Velocity channel ID" field in "Octane properties" of objects. Loading of velocity channel data into the Octane rendering core is disabled if this field has value less than "2" ('cause channel "0" is always "vertex colors" and channel "1" is a first UV channel).
- Fixed a bug: Octane OpenVDB object crashed if a chosen VDB file path did not exist.
- Minor fixes and improvements...
Changes of the 4.11 version
- Implemented the width/height settings for textures' viewport preview buffer.
- Now when "Render Map" is used for Octane textures the result has the desired resolution chosen in the "Render Map" dialog.
- Textures preview is now refreshed in 3ds Max viewport after changes are made.
- Implemented a translation of "crop/placement" parameters for native bitmap textures in materials converter.
- Implemented a translation of image sequence parameters for native bitmap textures in materials converter.
- Fixed region rendering bug in final render mode.
- Fixed the fluctuating bug: sometimes the interactive rendering got endlessly refreshed if turbosmooth modifier had been applied.
- Minor fixes and improvements...
Changes of the 4.10 version
- Fixed image textures camera mapping for movable proxy objects.
- Materials converter now retains viewport-active texture.
- Minor fixes and improvements...
Download for users with a Studio subscription license: (VR)
OctaneRender Studio for 3ds Max 2020.2.5 - 11.12
Download for users with an Enterprise subscription license:
OctaneRender Enterprise for 3ds Max 2020.2.5 - 11.12
OctaneRender for 3ds Max 2020.2.5 - 11.12 DEMO
The 3dsMax plugin Manual is available there: