NEW: EmberGenFX public beta begins now!

Forums: NEW: EmberGenFX public beta begins now!
Read about News and Updates regarding Octane Render in this forum.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

NEW: EmberGenFX public beta begins now!

Postby Goldorak » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:10 am

Goldorak Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:10 am

EmberGenFX beta is out today - free for all OctaneRender subscribers!

OTOY® and JangaFX are very proud to release the first public beta of EmberGenFX - bringing incredible real time GPU simulation tools for creating fire, volumetrics, smoke - and (new in this release) particles - to all OctaneRender subscribers.

A full commercial license of EmberGenFX standalone is now available at no extra cost - to all OctaneRender 2020 subscribers during the public beta.

Upon final release, OTOY subscribers will have the option to upgrade to the full EmberGenFX suite, featuring direct integration of EmberGenFX (and later LiquiGenFX) across all OctaneRender DCC plug-ins - including Blender, Maxon Cinema 4D, 3DS Max, Maya, Unity, Unreal, Nuke and many more.

EmberGenFX Public Beta Features:

• Procedural-based particle and fluid simulations that bypass intermediate baking processes for real-time, iterative motion graphics workflows and game volumetrics.
  • Export as VDB files for use across all OctaneRender DCC integrations.
  • Support for VDB, PNG, TGA and EXR exports for image sequences and volumes.
  • Full interactive real-time ray-marched volumes in the EmbergenFX viewport during simulation and animation key-framing.

Watch these amazing demos of EmbergenFX from Lino Grandi, @kreativekow, Roman Schmidt, Nick Seavert and JangaFX!

EmbergenFX and OTOY Sculptron are available today as part of the RNDR VFX tools now available for all current OctaneRender Studio and Enterprise subscribers as well as for OctaneRender Box License holders with an Enterprise maintenance plan.

Download the EmbergenFX Beta for Windows (AMD/NVIDIA GPUs) here

Changelog for this release:

- Experimental GPU particles. A new render mode where GPU particles are advected using the underlying simulation data. Can be used by itself or together with volumetric rendering in a hybrid mode. This mode might be unstable and some features might be incomplete. You can access GPU particles in the volume node by selecting GPU particles in the render mode dropdown. Presets with that start with "GPUP" mean that they use these new GPU particles, so go check out all of our new presets!
- Reworked alpha blending for image exports. The blending mode can now be found in the Capture node instead of in the Settings, and the Straight Alpha mode has a basic form of color filling for the transparency background color, and the color should be slightly better than before after blending.
- Individual windows can now be resized, but the layout can not yet be changed. When resizing the viewport a preview of the rendertarget size will display. This will be the size of the generated image when using the direct-in-viewport screenshot or recording feature.
- The camera is no longer interactible when in Export mode
- Added a basic logging system. Daily encoded logs should appear in the "log" folder.
- Added basic tiled rendering, so that long renders will not stall the UI less, and in the worst case no longer crash due to taking too long and forcing the OS to crash the driver to recover.
- Add the option to pause the simulation when all export image nodes are done.
- Make EmberGenFX check for updated expiry date on startup
- Improved timeline zooming
- Improved node graph interaction
- Improved window title refresh rate.
- Added 19 new presets, for a total of 104.

The OTOY Team
http://www.otoy.com
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: NEW: EmberGenFX public beta begins now!

Postby Tugpsx » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:32 am

Tugpsx Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:32 am
WOW! Lots of great things to come.
Dell Win Vista 32 | NVIDIA Quadro NVS135M | Core2 Duo T7500 2.20GHz | 4GB
CyberPowerPC Win 7 64| NVIDIA GTX660Ti (3G) GTX480(1.5G) | 16GB
Tugpsx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby CodyS » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:25 am

CodyS Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:25 am
This couldn't have come at a more perfect time! :D
CodyS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jonjambon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:47 am

jonjambon Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:47 am
Hmm. I'm entering my Otoy account credentials at launch and it's just telling me it's "Not Licensed"... And then it closes out... I'm on the Enterprise maintenance plan, so this shouldn't be happening.
jonjambon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:44 am

Goldorak Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:44 am
Make sure you have activated RNDR via RNDR.otoy.com, EmbergenFX authenticates through that, all active subs can get RNDR.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ajr0717 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:27 am

ajr0717 Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:27 am
So just to be clear its only free if you are already paying for Octane subscription
I thought it would be free standalone
ajr0717
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ajr0717 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:28 am

ajr0717 Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:28 am
In order to log in to RNDR you have to pay
ajr0717
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jonjambon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:35 am

jonjambon Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:35 am
RNDR.otoy.com is acting like I don't have an active subscription... But I've payed for the Enterprise Annual Maintenance, which says I should have access to "subscription services" in the description... This doesn't seem right.
jonjambon
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby yanahara » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:42 am

yanahara Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:42 am
I have a OctaneStudio Subscriptions but Not Licensed.And when i go to RNDR.otoy.com still tell me i need a Subscription.
yanahara

Postby Goldorak » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:46 am

Goldorak Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:46 am
If you have octane 2020 and all access to plugins - and can’t access RNDR or EmbergenFX then contact [email protected] so we can look into why.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Next

Return to News & Announcements