Last serie from my "Quiet place" scene

Forums: Last serie from my "Quiet place" scene
Display your final art here...
Forum rules
Important notice: All artwork submitted on our public gallery forums gallery forums may or may not be used by OTOY for publication on our website gallery.
If you do not want us to publish your art, please mention it in your post clearly. (put a very red small diagonal cross in the top left corner of the image)
Any images already published on the gallery will be removed if the original author asks us to do so.
We recommend placing your credits on the images so you benefit from the exposure too, and use a minimum image width of 1200 pixels, and pathtracing or PMC. Thanks for your attention, The OctaneRender Team.

For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.

This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Re: Last serie from my "Quiet place" scene

Postby tehfailsafe » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 am

tehfailsafe Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 am
Has anyone suggested selling their Octane scenes, tutorials etc? Much like Evermotion etc.

So much this. I'm about to get vray 2.0 just because I can see 8,000 tutorials for it already, and I've been getting more and more frustrated.
windows 7 64 bit| GTX580 1.5Gb x2 | Intel 2600k @ 4.9 | 16gb ddr3 | 3ds max 2012
tehfailsafe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby abstrax » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:57 am

abstrax Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:57 am
Have you ever tried to apply tutorials of other renderers to Octane? I haven't tried it yet, but the general ideas should apply to most GI renderers including Octane. Maybe this would be a good starting point? Well, it's just an idea...

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby pamana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:45 am

pamana Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:45 am
tehfailsafe wrote:I'm about to get vray 2.0 just because I can see 8,000 tutorials for it already, and I've been getting more and more frustrated.

Unfortunately I kinder agree. The vid's here need updating, with perhaps tutes from certain Mods (other than radiance) who have an already keen Octane skill.
Win 7 | Ubuntu | x64 | Quadro FX 5800 | 16 GB
pamana
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby enricocerica » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:24 am

enricocerica Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:24 am
Thanks to all for viewing and comments,

@Face:Well the amount of polys depends from one view to another as I try to remove objects that don't act in the render but due to the trees it's around 3.5 million.

@Teecee2107:I'm sure you'll make miracles with your next toy ;) I'm afraid you're right, I probably wouldn't sit on such a nice chair unless you can't handle a thinkpad on it.

@Tchoa:The foreground trees behind the windows are 3D the background trees are an image

@Proupin:I'm thinking to sell some of my propos on turbosquid, I already placed some trees, will proceed with furnitures

Now about lighting, there is really nothing special, as there isn't MLT yet, the only way to get lighted rooms is to let the light entering, so you may not see it but I've hidden all the walls behind the camera and everything which could be an obstacle to light, also, just keep the glass on visible windows to get some reflection on it for more realistic images. I've also done some postpro to conrrect the lighting/contrast and also made this on the part where light is coming from just to increase the entering light fx. This is very quick and doesn't require any sofisticated software, I just used Gimp. I'm sure the result may be even better using software like After effect.

Also, don't use high bump values and if possible use spec maps, they really increase realism and if applicable just remove shiny surfaces they produce noise and increase the rendering time.

I will start a new archviz project and I'll try to make some basic tut if I have time.
Modeling system : I7 32GB Windows 10 & Fujitsu Celsius H720
GPU : 1x Gigabyte GTX580 3GB + 1x MSI GTX780 3GB + 1x PALIT GTX780 6GB +1x Asus Stix GTX1070 8GB
http://www.myline.be
enricocerica
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Populus » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:20 pm

Populus Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:20 pm
Amazing renders!
win 7 x64 / i7 920 / 12GB / gtx 470 + gtx 480
Populus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby RainerS » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:19 pm

RainerS Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:19 pm
Absolutely astonishing..
Windows 7 64bit | Geforce 260GTX | 4GB
RainerS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby tehfailsafe » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:03 pm

tehfailsafe Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:03 pm
enricocerica wrote:I will start a new archviz project and I'll try to make some basic tut if I have time.

I don't know about others, but I would learn 10 times more just by seeing a finished ocs/obj files. Just a simple one that looks as clean as this without the detailed bookshelves/chair/rug etc. Even without texture maps since those can be a pain to repackage. And it would be the fastest/easiest thing for you, you wouldn't even need to find the time! :D
windows 7 64 bit| GTX580 1.5Gb x2 | Intel 2600k @ 4.9 | 16gb ddr3 | 3ds max 2012
tehfailsafe
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby suhail_spa » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:38 am

suhail_spa Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:38 am
enricocerica wrote:but I've hidden all the walls behind the camera and everything which could be an obstacle to light

thank you.. :)
now that's a tip...
question: can we do this in octane itself (maybe in future release..) without going back to host software to hide walls/obstacles behind camera..?
some kind of 'hide it' material..?
DELL Precision M4500 Laptop (win7 -64bit, Intel core i5 M520 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, Quadro FX880 1Gb, PCI express slot)
with GTX 460 -2GB (running on home-made GPU-expander)
suhail_spa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby GeoPappas » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:44 pm

GeoPappas Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:44 pm
suhail_spa wrote:
enricocerica wrote:but I've hidden all the walls behind the camera and everything which could be an obstacle to light

thank you.. :)
now that's a tip...
question: can we do this in octane itself (maybe in future release..) without going back to host software to hide walls/obstacles behind camera..?
some kind of 'hide it' material..?

Not at this point. You need to do it in your 3D modeling app.
GeoPappas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to M is for Metaverse Gallery