OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02r [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02r [OBSOLETE]
Poser (Integrated Plugin developed by Paul Kinnane)

Moderator: face_off

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02r [OBSOLETE]

Postby face_off » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am

face_off Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 am
This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.02r. This version is compiled against Octane 1.02, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.

If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information:
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 9.0.3.23027)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. 1.02q)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)

Change Log from release 1.02q
- Fixed issue where the plugin crashes if there were more than 4Mil polys
- Tabbing to the second and third field in float2/3 and int2/3 nodes automatically selects the whole fields text (as happens with the first numeric field)
- Closing the plugin setup window whilst the viewport is minimised no longer corrupts the saved octane settings
- If the "no updates" button is active, setting a prop/figure to be instanced only does 1 scene refresh rather than 2.
- New OctaneDefaults parameter ANALYSE_POSER_MATERIAL_NODE, which if set to True (the default) means when converting materials from Poser to Octane, the plugin will pick up if an image has been scaled (and set the image scale in the Octane material), and will detect specular maps in the Poser material and plug those into the specular pin of the glossy material. NOTE: Setting this parameter to True INCREASES the time required to load the scene into Octane if materials are to be converted.
- Fixed error where if you cut and paste a node when the texturemap slots in the video card are full, the plugin would shut down. A cuda error is still displayed.
- Specular maps will only transfer to the Octane "specular" pin of a glossy node if:
1) the specular map name is different from the diffuse map name, and
2) the specular color/value in the Poser material is "brighter" than the CONVERT_SPECULAR_MAPS_THRESHOLD value in the OctaneDefaults.py file.
- Added default pin values for glossy-index, glossy-filmindex and specular-filmindex in the OctaneDefaults.py file
- The specular color of a material is now taken from the brighter of Specular_Color * Specular_Value and Alternate_Specular
- Fixed an issue where the render resolution was not being saved correctly in the pz3 files
- image, floatimage and alphaimage nodes all now have float2 scales (rather than a single float value) [VERY IMPORTANT : Saved matierials will load with a single float, which is no issue unless you have texturemaps with different U to V scaling - in which case, recovert the material from Poser]
- fixed issue where "retaining texturemap" operations where overwriting the power, gamma, scale and invert properties of the image node
- fixed issue where 32 bit version would not detect activation correctly

If you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum thread

Troubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings.

Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.

Download the plugin HERE

Paul
Last edited by face_off on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: OctaneRender® for Poser beta - build 1.02r [TEST]

Postby Witpapier » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Witpapier Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:59 pm
Thanx... Full time testing awaits...
RedSpec TGX for Poser / OctaneRender - OUT NOW visit http://redspec-sss.com/
Witpapier
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ch0pper » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 am

ch0pper Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:57 am
yes i was hoping to test this to day but my new GFX card has not turned up because of the snow : (

i guess i have wait untill next week now : (
W7 64 bit |I7-3970X | GTX 780 X2(6GB) GTX 780TI X2 | 64 GB DDR3 RAM
Real Skin & real hair for Poser / DAZ Studio OctaneRender/iray - coming soon
ch0pper
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby elenacalderas » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 pm

elenacalderas Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:59 pm
Is it me, or does the plugin no longer pick up the position of the infinite light? I just ran the delete light script to get rid of all lights, created a new infinite one, and transferred the scene to Octane, in daylight environment mode. The sun position remains obstinately the same, no matter what I do to the light in Poser. Anyone else have this problem?
Win 10 Home x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB / (Intel i7 2.8 GHz) x8, 16 GB RAM / PoserPro 11.2
elenacalderas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm

face_off Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm
The sun position remains obstinately the same, no matter what I do to the light in Poser. Anyone else have this problem?

I just checked on this and it all appears to be working OK. The plugin will rename the light that it is using as the sunlight direction to "Daylight". Is that the light that you are moving?
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby elenacalderas » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 am

elenacalderas Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 am
Today, after restarting my computer, everything works again as expected. No idea what I did wrong yesterday. Sorry to be a bother. :)
Win 10 Home x64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB / (Intel i7 2.8 GHz) x8, 16 GB RAM / PoserPro 11.2
elenacalderas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby mlru » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:45 pm

mlru Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:45 pm
For the records: had an error importing this figure: http://www.sharecg.com/v/50193/view/11/Poser/Crystal-Necklaces-For-V4
The Cuda.log says:
Opening OctaneRender for Poser Setup Dialog
Mesh Parameter Error:
Input mesh has no polygons/triangles.
Closing OctaneRender for Poser Setup Dialog
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 pm

face_off Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:42 pm
Uwe - I have fixed the issue with that necklace figure (it had an actor in the figure with no geometry) - and I've re-uploaded the 1.02r installer with the modified version which handles this situation. So pls re-download and install for the fix.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby mlru » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm

mlru Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm
face_off wrote:Uwe - I have fixed the issue with that necklace figure (it had an actor in the figure with no geometry) - and I've re-uploaded the 1.02r installer with the modified version which handles this situation. So pls re-download and install for the fix.

Paul

Thanks, seems we're stumbling over all types of mis-modeling and mis-rigging, esp. with freebies :lol:
Uwe
Win11/64Bit | GTX 4090 24GB | NVidia Driver 546.29 | Octane 4.05 | DAZ Studio 4.21
mlru
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby badmilk69 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 pm

badmilk69 Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 pm
Face_Off, can you comment the texture limits for kepler cards in OctaneDefaults.py, i know default is fermi, so we can quick edit copying those values from comment line.
i7 2600, 16 GB RAM, 2x Evga 670 SC 4gb, dual boot win7/osxML, 2 SSDs, 3 HDs.
badmilk69
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Poser