This is the recommended thread for downloading, and posting any questions, suggestions or support queries for OctaneRender for Poser, build 1.02r
. This version is compiled against Octane 1.02, so see the requirements for that build regarding compatibility with your video card.
If you have a support issue, pls provide the following information
- Operating System (ie. Win XP, Vista, 7, 8)
- 32 or 64 bit
- Amount of RAM
- Graphics Card(s) - model (ie. GTX 580, 3GB)
- Nvidia driver version
- Poser version (Poser -> Help -> About Poser) - list the build number (eg. 184.108.40.20627)
- OctaneRender for Plugin version (ie. 1.02q)
- Also have ready a copy of the octaneplugin.log and cuda.log file from your Poser temp direction (Poser -> Edit -> General Preferences -> Misc tab to find the temp directory)Change Log from release 1.02q
- Fixed issue where the plugin crashes if there were more than 4Mil polys
- Tabbing to the second and third field in float2/3 and int2/3 nodes automatically selects the whole fields text (as happens with the first numeric field)
- Closing the plugin setup window whilst the viewport is minimised no longer corrupts the saved octane settings
- If the "no updates" button is active, setting a prop/figure to be instanced only does 1 scene refresh rather than 2.
- New OctaneDefaults parameter ANALYSE_POSER_MATERIAL_NODE, which if set to True (the default) means when converting materials from Poser to Octane, the plugin will pick up if an image has been scaled (and set the image scale in the Octane material), and will detect specular maps in the Poser material and plug those into the specular pin of the glossy material. NOTE: Setting this parameter to True INCREASES the time required to load the scene into Octane if materials are to be converted.
- Fixed error where if you cut and paste a node when the texturemap slots in the video card are full, the plugin would shut down. A cuda error is still displayed.
- Specular maps will only transfer to the Octane "specular" pin of a glossy node if:
1) the specular map name is different from the diffuse map name, and
2) the specular color/value in the Poser material is "brighter" than the CONVERT_SPECULAR_MAPS_THRESHOLD value in the OctaneDefaults.py file.
- Added default pin values for glossy-index, glossy-filmindex and specular-filmindex in the OctaneDefaults.py file
- The specular color of a material is now taken from the brighter of Specular_Color * Specular_Value and Alternate_Specular
- Fixed an issue where the render resolution was not being saved correctly in the pz3 files
- image, floatimage and alphaimage nodes all now have float2 scales (rather than a single float value) [VERY IMPORTANT : Saved matierials will load with a single float, which is no issue unless you have texturemaps with different U to V scaling - in which case, recovert the material from Poser]
- fixed issue where "retaining texturemap" operations where overwriting the power, gamma, scale and invert properties of the image node
- fixed issue where 32 bit version would not detect activation correctlyIf you have questions....
- Read the manual
- Read the FAQ
- Watch the Features Video
- Read the Features Blog Posting
- Watch the Introductory Tutorial
- Check the Facebook Page
- Post your question on this forum threadTroubleshooting
- GUI issues (lock-up/crash) on large scenes (ie. 4million polys) - potentially due to the Windows Vista/7 "Timeout Detection and Recovery" http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg487368.aspx
[url][/url]. Settings can be changed using Regedit. The recommended setting for Octane are registry setting HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers, TdrLevel = 3, TdrDelay =10 (if these settings are not already there, rightclick the right panel -> New -> DWORD). You will need to reboot after changing these settings.Limitations
- Loading a Poser scene by double-clicking a pz3 file in the Windows file explorer, or selecting from your "Recent Files" will not load the previously saved Octane scene data for that file when Poser starts. This is due to a Poser bug which has been reported to Smith Micro. Instead, use the Poser menu File -> Open to open any pz3 files which contain Octane scene data.
- Material Picking (by clicking on a material in the Poser Material Room) does not select that material in the OctaneRender material tab if you have a camera selected in the Parameter Dials window.
- If you delete a duplicated figure in Poser, when next reloading the scene, the figures may have been renamed, in which case the plugin will not have loaded the materials for the rename figure correctly. This has been reported as a big to Smith Micro and will be fixed.Download
the plugin HERE