HDR texture settings to match DAZ Studio

Forums: HDR texture settings to match DAZ Studio
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

HDR texture settings to match DAZ Studio

Postby cridgit » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:42 pm

cridgit Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:42 pm
Hi

I'm trying to replicate the HDR lighting from a DAZ Studio scene in Octane and I've been messing for hours with the HDR environment settings (projection, transformation, rotation etc.) I can't seem to position the HDR map to get the lighting from the same rotation (horizontal/vertical).

Does anyone know what Octane settings to match the projection and orientation of a DAZ Studio HDR texture?
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: HDR texture settings to match DAZ Studio

Postby cridgit » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 pm

cridgit Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:59 pm
Found the solution by rendering Front/Left/Right/Back cameras and manually aligning to the EXR texture.

As it turns out, DAZ Studio HDR is laid out from left wrapping around clockwise, so the left border of the texture will be at your 9 o'clock and the right border will join up with it.

Octane HDR is laid out from behind wrapping aroumd clockwise, so the left border of the texture will be at your 6 o'clock and the right border will join up with it.

So to align an HDR text in Octane to match DAZ Studio, you need to set it to Spherical Projection, 3D Transform YXZ with Y Rotation set to -90.
cridgit
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to DAZ Studio