OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]

Forums: OctaneRender 3 for DAZ Studio [TEST and STABLE]
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Re: OctaneRender for DAZ Studio 3.03.3 [TEST]

Postby AlfaseeD » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:08 pm

AlfaseeD Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:08 pm
face_off wrote:A suggestion from Otoy - turn on Kernel->Static Noise - does the Cuda 999 error always happen at the same number of samples for a given scene? If so, export to Standalone and confirm that it happens there too, and if so, send the ORBX file to Otoy.

Paul

I will try this immediately, thanks!
AlfaseeD
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FastKatt » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:31 pm

FastKatt Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:31 pm
I'm not sure where the best place for a feature request is but is it possible to add the capability to pick the material you want to work on from within the Node Graph Editor? I find myself clicking back over to the Ocatane-->Materials tab very frequently only to click back to the NGE tab (I gave it a dedicated tab) as I test different material ideas.
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 4.2GHz
GPU: 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2
RAM: 32GB
Tools: Modo | Daz Studio
FastKatt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby AlfaseeD » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:55 pm

AlfaseeD Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:55 pm
New test and results :

Seems like the same scene goes 999 even if I completely change video cards.
Now I will try to switch back to version 3.2.2 and see what happens since it looks like that version gave me less problems.
Also, I will try to render without any displacement maps.

Anyway, as I suspected it's not an hardware problem (at least not a video cards problem ... is there any chance any other piece of hardware may fail with octane ?)

I will let you know, right now it's just a real problem for me. My work has slowed down a lot now ...
AlfaseeD
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:14 am

face_off Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:14 am
New test and results :

Seems like the same scene goes 999 even if I completely change video cards.
Now I will try to switch back to version 3.2.2 and see what happens since it looks like that version gave me less problems.
Also, I will try to render without any displacement maps.

Anyway, as I suspected it's not an hardware problem (at least not a video cards problem ... is there any chance any other piece of hardware may fail with octane ?)

I will let you know, right now it's just a real problem for me. My work has slowed down a lot now ...
Hi - sorry you are still having issues. I haven't heard back from you as to if Nvidia driver 358.50 helped. Or if Octane Standalone is also producing the error. Or if turning on Static Noise causes the error to occurs at the same number of samples.

Paul
Win7/Win10/Mavericks/Mint 17 - GTX550Ti/GT640M
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
Pls read before submitting a support question
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby AlfaseeD » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:53 pm

AlfaseeD Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:53 pm
face_off wrote:Hi - sorry you are still having issues. I haven't heard back from you as to if Nvidia driver 358.50 helped. Or if Octane Standalone is also producing the error. Or if turning on Static Noise causes the error to occurs at the same number of samples.

Paul

Hi Paul,

here are some results after a couple of hours of testing :
I'm using the latest version of octane plugin and standalone.
The latest nvidia driver 372.54
Two gtx 980Ti cards (out of three)

The same scene gave me this results :
DazStudio
Crash after a few samples

DazStudio
Removed all the displacements maps (png files)
No crash after 4000samples (then I stopped)

Octane standalone
No crash with all the displacement maps after 8000 samples

Hope this helps :)

Ps Static noise never helped.
AlfaseeD
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby AlfaseeD » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:23 pm

AlfaseeD Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:23 pm
Ok, a new report.

I have a new scene with Genesis 3, 2 lightsaber (with lights emitter) and an old Stonemason scenery.
No clothing, no hair, no displacement.

This scene crashes in all my tests:

- With 358.50 drivers
- In octane stand alone
- In Daz Studio 4.9 and 4.8
- On my Pc (3x gtx 980ti)
- On the other Pc (2x Titan Black)

Basically this scene cannot be rendered with Octane 3.03

To be honest, everything seems so random ... :(

Edit two hours later : I remove 1 item for the scene (the lightsaber) and the render reached 8000 sample and no problems so far.
AlfaseeD
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:03 am

face_off Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:03 am
Basically this scene cannot be rendered with Octane 3.03
Can you pls send me the ORBX for that scene, and I will ask Otoy to take a look.

Paul
Octane Plugin Support : Poser, ArchiCAD, Revit, Inventor, AutoCAD, Rhino, Modo, Nuke
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby Hydra » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:46 am

Hydra Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:46 am
AlfaseeD, face_off, I have had the odd scenery that won't load or render, and often it can be tracked down to some odd prop or material. Its not always obvious, but some objects have odd or broken geometries. They may be sufficient for Daz, but not so much for Octane or other render engines.

This sailboat was not renderable;
http://www.daz3d.com/sailboat

Nothing would work at all when I default loaded the scene. I went through a few bits, and found it was the water. I checked the water closely, and none of the parameters seemed wrong. But I wiped the texture and built my own from scratch and then it worked.

One issue I've come across is the direction of a UV Map. Sometimes they face inside which is an issue for emitters... I always wondered if I could reverse or indicate both sides to the render engine.

This little guy has one Texture for its legs, but the right legs, have a UV pointing in, and the left, out.
https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/imp ... der/106808
-----------------
Intel i7-4790K, Asus Z97-A, Corsair 32GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9, 2XAsus STRIX GTX980 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 4XSamsung 840 EVO Raid 10, Win 7 x64 Pro.
Hydra
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby AlfaseeD » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:58 pm

AlfaseeD Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:58 pm
Hi Paul,
Last time I forgot to mention a feature that could be really, really important : the possibility to set both the render setting and environment as default.

You gave me a couple of solutions (that not work really well to be honest) then we moved on to another topic.

I don't want to sound pushy, but since I open and close Daz Studio thousands of times it's really, really time consuming to set/change all these parameters every time.
Trust me, it's really frustrating sometimes.

I mean, the default render setting is set on Direct light... really.
Just to mention one thing!

Anyway, you said this feature could be implemented (we talked about that during the 2.25 version of the Octane!) and I am really looking forward to see it!

So, is there any chance to see this feature ?

Also, I noticed that sometime my scene in DS doesn't load both render setting and environment setting and it's pretty annoying!
Thanks!
AlfaseeD
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby face_off » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:36 am

face_off Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:36 am
Last time I forgot to mention a feature that could be really, really important : the possibility to set both the render setting and environment as default.

You gave me a couple of solutions (that not work really well to be honest) then we moved on to another topic.

I don't want to sound pushy, but since I open and close Daz Studio thousands of times it's really, really time consuming to set/change all these parameters every time.
Trust me, it's really frustrating sometimes.

I mean, the default render setting is set on Direct light... really.
Just to mention one thing!

Anyway, you said this feature could be implemented (we talked about that during the 2.25 version of the Octane!) and I am really looking forward to see it!

So, is there any chance to see this feature ?
I will take a look at this when doing the next release. I suspect that given the architecture of the plugin, it will be difficult to implement this, but I will review it again.

On your Cuda 719 error - this was caused by the displacement on the light sabre. Otoy have fixed this bug in the next release of Octane.

Paul
face_off
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

PreviousNext

Return to DAZ Studio