Please auto scroll through list when dragging materials

Forums: Please auto scroll through list when dragging materials
DAZ Studio Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Moderator: BK

Forum rules
Please keep character renders sensibly modest, please do not post sexually explicit scenes of characters.

Please auto scroll through list when dragging materials

Postby larsmidnatt » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:48 pm

larsmidnatt Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:48 pm
In situations where you have more materials in the list than can be shown on a single screen, dragging materials to replace existing ones can be challenging. When you are dragging materials and reach the top of the list, the list does not automatically scroll up.

For example i want to use a wood material from the live DB and it happens to be at the bottom of the list. I want to drag this up all the way to the top of my octane render materials list to replace a material near the top. I can not because the plugin does not automatically scroll up once you reach the top of the visible list.

There are some workarounds like creating a material copy and that will shoot up higher up the list than the live db materials, or by replacing a single scene surface and then once the material is higher up the list replacing the octane material in mind afterward. But would be good if the materials list started scrolling once your mouse was at the upper limit of the visible list.
Win10 x64
i9 10900k 64GB
2080S 8GB
DS 4.15 OcDS Prime ^_^
larsmidnatt
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Please auto scroll through list when dragging materials

Postby t_3 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 pm

t_3 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:08 pm
larsmidnatt wrote:In situations where you have more materials in the list than can be shown on a single screen, dragging materials to replace existing ones can be challenging. When you are dragging materials and reach the top of the list, the list does not automatically scroll up.

For example i want to use a wood material from the live DB and it happens to be at the bottom of the list. I want to drag this up all the way to the top of my octane render materials list to replace a material near the top. I can not because the plugin does not automatically scroll up once you reach the top of the visible list.

There are some workarounds like creating a material copy and that will shoot up higher up the list than the live db materials, or by replacing a single scene surface and then once the material is higher up the list replacing the octane material in mind afterward. But would be good if the materials list started scrolling once your mouse was at the upper limit of the visible list.
appointed. i thought that the framework would take care of this, but in fact it doesn't. what you may try is to scroll the wheel while hovering more in the middle of the list - it works here, a little chunky, but as a workaround for the time being it may help. i do have a special mouse accelerator installed - don't know if it only works because of that, or in general, but you will find out ;) but drag-scroll should happen in any case...
The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply

1x i7 2600K @5.0 (Asrock Z77), 16GB, 2x Asus GTX Titan 6GB @1200/3100/6200
2x i7 2600K @4.5 (P8Z68 -V P), 12GB, 1x EVGA GTX 580 3GB @0900/2200/4400
t_3

Return to DAZ Studio