This is a new beta release of the OctaneRender™ 2018.1 for LightWave™ plugin version 2018.1.0.4, available for LightWave 11.6, 2015.3, 2018.0 and 2019.0 Windows x64 and OSX. This build has been compiled using the Octane 2018.1 RC4 core.
As with all experimental releases, please do not use this for production purposes. 2018.1 RC4 will expire in 60 days
To learn more about the new features and improvements of OctaneRender 2018.1, please check out the 2018.1 release post, but this a quick list of the main new features that have been added:
- NV Link support on RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti
- Cryptomatte. Currently, in the LightWave plugin, the Instance ID is used also as Object ID due to its internal scene graph architecture.
- Vertex Attributes in the mesh objects. New options in the Octane object properties custom object plugin to configure the attributes to be extracted.
- New "Color Vertex Attribute" and "Float Vertex Attribute" nodes to retrieve the vertex attributes in the shaders.
- Deep render passes.
- Way less Volume Render Noise. New option in the kernels to disable this feature if the matching of the Octane v4 volumes is needed.
- Direct Levelset surface rendering. New option in the Octane volumetrics custom object plugin to configure the OpenVDB rendering to work with SDFs and assign their Octane material nodes.
- Scatter depth limiting (i.e. fast fog rendering)
- Overall 5% faster than V4 stable (about 315 OB vs 298 OB in our tests)
- Vectron (Vector Primitive)
Release 2018.1.0.4 regular license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _Win64.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... ve_OSX.zip
Release 2018.1.0.4 subscription license
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... n64_vr.zip
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... OSX_vr.zip
Standalone 2018.1 RC4 version for the network rendering nodes
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... C4_win.exe
https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmg
* PLUGIN FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- New "Shutter alignment" option in the render target root node motion blur options panel.
- Proper default file types in the lut and osl nodes file dialog windows.
- New volumetrics phase node that can be used to animate this parameter in the volume and scattering medium nodes.
* OCTANE FEATURES AND BUGS FIXED:
- Fixed crash when trying to save cryptomatte object layer passes.
- Fixed emission with mix material.
- Fixed incorrect render when the same VDB is loaded as SDF and as fog volume.
- Fixed subdivision with vertex attributes (fixes several ABC loading issues).
- Fixed LiveDB downloads sometimes failing and OctaneLive getting disconnected.
- Fixed incorrectly exported 16 bit and 32 bit HDR images
- Fixed network rendering with deep images.
- Fixed some incorrect behaviour in the universal material when using IOR=1 / transmission=1 and caustic blur.
- Fixed tonemap failure if over-under stereo is being used on small resolutions and with the eyes swapped.
- Fixed render failure when rendering a vectron node with an OSL texture input.
- Fixed render failure when trying to use vertex attributes with displacement. This is not yet supported, but planned.
- Fixed using greyscale images as opacity maps.
- Fixed normals for spheres with motion blur.
Your OTOY Team