This is the current production release of the OctaneRender™ 2.2 for LightWave™
plugin. This 220.127.116.11
release is available for Lightwave 10.1, 11.6 and 2015.x Windows x64 and OSX.Production Build 18.104.22.168https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... indows.ziphttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... .0_OSX.zipStandalone version for the network rendering nodes 2.25https://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _win64.exehttps://render.otoy.com/customerdownloa ... _macos.dmgDocumentationhttp://render.otoy.com/manuals/Lightwave3D/Changes since the last production release (22.214.171.124):
* NEW FEATURES:
- New "Mesh UV" map type in the projection node. The Mesh UV projection can be used to fix to the mesh surface the Octane procedural textures in objects with deformations, to keep the procedural from sliding on the deforming geometry.
- New option in the RGBSpectrum node to use the color availablei the LightWave surface editor as the node output color.
- New options in the plugin options panel to disable the pass files save functions while rendering in "render frame" (F9) mode.
- The "ray epsilon" parameter in the kernel nodes is now displayed as a real world distance value. This allows enter very small epsilons (for example 0.0000001) without get a 0.0 in the value field. The parameters for Octane is a float value, there are no changes in how it works in the plugin or in the old scenes.
- Builds updated to support OSX 10.10 Yosemite
- New LiveDB material node to support materials from the Otoy LiveDB and LocalDB materials database.
* Download and edit material functions in the node panel. This operations are supported using the Octane native panels.
* Initialize function to clean the current material and add the basic node tree structure to edit a new Octane material.
* The materials are stored in the LW objects, like any other Octane material.
* The texture maps are downloaded and stored in the project images folder.
* Support of texture maps file names relative to the current projects image folder.
* Currently the IPR is not live while editing the material in the Octane editor. It is only updated after close the editor.
* NOTE: due to the large storage space needed by this node, and the current limitations of the LWO file format, it is not safe to have more than few LiveDB nodes in the same material node editor, even if they are disconnected. The LWO file could be corrupted if saved with a lot of the LiveDB nodes inside the same material node editor.
- IPR LiveDB material picker
* SHIFT+MClick to open the Octane material in the Octane node tree. If the material is built using the LW Octane nodes, the plugin will rebuild the material using native Octane nodes. With this function you can upload to the LiveDB/LocalDB databases your current Octane materials built using the LW Octane nodes.
- New option in the plugin options panel, options tab, to set the LocalDB folder path
- The GPUs priority options have been moved to the GPUs tab in the plugin options panel
- Added a new option to the Octane custom object plugin to disable the motion blur in this object
- New feature in the plugin options panel to reduce the max. size of the preview window. Used to render in computers with less than 900 pixels height resolution.
- Added camera motion blur to the panoramic camera.
- Hopefully improved the handling of scenes with many material/texture/geometry nodes (>100,000).
- Hopefully improved the machine detection on OSX for authentication to cover more corner cases. * BUGS FIXED:
- Layout hangs after finish the rendering or after abort it. Fixed.
- Sped up authentication during start up.
- IES files can now be selected for the RGB image texture node.
- Fixed issue that caused a crash while saving data into the local DB.
- Updated the Windows builds to fix a problem while rendering with F9/F10: Layout hangs after finish the rendering or after abort it in the rendering preview window.
- Crash in the IPR if the materials shader ball is enabled. Fixed.
- Fixed the network rendering bandwidth test.
- The version number of slaves is printed in the network render dialog.
- Fixed fully transparent planes behaving incorrectly in scattering media.
- Geometry artifacts in the IPR render just after load or reload the scene. Fixed.
- Fixed the issue about the "Unknown Command" warning message while loading the scene in the IPR.
- Texture and IES absolute paths doesn't work in the Windows build. Fixed.
- Better handle of the rendering abort events to try to minimize the plugin freezes.
- OSX problems with the texture file paths. Fixed.
- Uncheck a instancer and run IPR, then check the instancer crash Layout. Fixed.
- OSX IPR window crash. Fixed.
- The OSX IPR mouse wheel zoom function is very sensitive. Tuned to make it slower.
- Fixed a bug in the fiberFX systems with degenerated vertices
- The IPR doesn't update the instances while working with the DP Instancer plugin. Fixed.
- Material update in the IPR too slow if the textures maps are used only in this mmaterial. Fixed
- Fixed missing shadows if render layers are enabled and "visibility only" is ticked.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly switches render threads of render slaves to the incorrect asynchronous tone map type which causes network rendering to not finish.
- Fixed a bug where switching between texture/material items with preview enabled wasn't updating the preview.
- Fixed bug that sometimes frames are missing at the end of animations in Alembic files.