Since XB1 we have addressed a few issues and in parallel we've been working towards the last two significant change sets needed for 2018.1 RC1.
Reminder: 2018.1 XB2 will only be available for customers with a version 4 license for a limited time. To try 2018.1 XB2 you need to upgrade your version 3 license to a version 4 license. This can be done for free via our web shop: https://render.otoy.com/shop/upgrade.php.
Changes since OctaneRender 2018.1 XB1:
- Fixed displacement UVs and rendering with incorrect pixel size.
- Added the volumetric spotlight to the context menu of Octane.
- Fixed a render failure when trying to render using extra UVs.
- Changed planetary environment to use latitude and longitude instead of axis and rotation.
- Fixed metallic material not matching v3 exactly.
- Fixed progress bar for image compression showing stale info at beginning of new compression and sometimes flickering.
- Redesign of memory statistics in the render view.
- Fixed vertex attributes not working correctly when Octane renders polygons (as opposed to triangles).
- Added color and greyscale vertex attributes nodes, to make it easier to use vertex attributes.
- Fixed incorrect rendering when there are both greyscale and color attributes on the same mesh.
- Fixed any kind of picking not working on meshes when there is a volume SDF or vectron node in the scene.
- Fixed potential net render filter issue.
- Fixed excluding environment light that didn't work when there was a portal in the scene.
- Added an option to swap the order of gamma correction and image color inversion.
- Fixed some displacement artefacts in some scenes with instances with very small ray epsilon values.
- Fixed a significant out of core memory performance regression compared to version 4 RC7.
- Fixed PMC kernel not rendering volumes when using SDF.
- Fixed a render failure issue with PCIe expander hardware.
- Fixed wireframe when using the baking camera.
- Fixed denoiser not starting sometimes.
- Upgrade OSL to v1.9.13.
- Added the render job output linkers to the context menu.
- Fixed a bug where the denoiser output and main pass colors are not the same on shadow catcher materials.
- Fixed a random render failure when rendering a scene with animated meshes.
- Fixed a crash caused by invalid hairs and spheres.
- Fixed all shaders getting recompiled when one of the textures used is updated.
- Fixed wireframe edge transparency when using an alpha channel.
- Fixed crash when using
getattribute("camera:fov", fov)in an OSL shader.
- Improve cryptomatte accuracy when there are many different IDs with high coverage in the same pixel.
- Fixed two crash bugs when using multiple vertex attributes.
- Fixed lack of scene update sometimes when switching baking group ID.
- Fixed the denoiser not starting properly when it is called for the first time on RTX cards.
- Fixed internal OSL compilation error when using an OSL shader with a very long parameter list.
- Fixed transform value changes sometimes at shutter end and shutter open times getting ignored.
- Fixed non-alphanumeric characters in local machine user names causing cuDNN library validation errors.
- Fixed very slow geometry processing of some frames, of specific scenes with many instances.
- Fixed vectron network rendering.
- Compositing project export has been deprecate as exported images now include the required information for the Photoshop Compositing plugin (requires plugin v1.1.0).
Downloads for users with a regular license
OctaneRender for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender for Mac OS
OctaneRender for Linux
Downloads for users with a Studio subscription license
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (installer)
OctaneRender Studio for Windows (zip)
OctaneRender Studio for Mac OS
OctaneRender Studio for Linux
Photoshop Compositing Extension download
You can download and install the current Photoshop Compositing Extension (1.1.0) either via the Adobe Exchange platform or you can download it from the link below and manually install it.
Windows and Mac OS X
Photoshop Compositing Extension (v1.1.0) (ZXP archive)