Viewport Render Region

Forums: Viewport Render Region
Blender (Export script developed by yoyoz; Integrated Plugin developed by JimStar)

Viewport Render Region

Postby TheBricksburgTheatre » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:26 pm

TheBricksburgTheatre Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:26 pm
Hi There,

I have some weird behaviour in the Viewport with the Render Region. So when i hit Ctrl-B and activate the render region in the viewport only the selected area is rendered and the rest of the image remains until I deactivate RR. This is a reaaly cool feature I like in octane. I don´t like it like in cycles when you activate the RRand the rest of the viewport rendering disappears.

But now my RR doesn´t work anymore like before. Now It behaves exactly like in cycles. Did i miss something?

Hope I could express myself clearly and you understand what I mean.

Does someone know what I mean?

thx and many greetings
TheBricksburgTheatre
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Viewport Render Region

Postby linograndiotoy » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:21 am

linograndiotoy Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:21 am
Which version are you referring to? Render Region is not supported in the addon, yet.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby TheBricksburgTheatre » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:16 pm

TheBricksburgTheatre Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:16 pm
Hi lino,

I´m using the 27.17 build. Im using two Worksations. On my primary Workstation the renderegion works perfect. I let the viewport render a few samples until it looks good then I activate the RR and the sampling work only in the selected region and the rest of image remains and does not disappear/clipping like it does in cycles. Thats a pretty handy feature. Now my primary workstation is in for maintain service and I switched to my secondary maschine. Unfortunately I forget to deactivate my current license and installed the prime tier version.

And funny thing is, sometimes the RenderRegion works perfect sometimes it doesn´t. Another weird situation is if i have a fully sampled image in the viewport and when I only select another object – not moving or anything like that, the viewport restarts the sampling.

Im very confused that you say RenderRegion is not support yet and yet I can use it.
TheBricksburgTheatre
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:10 pm

linograndiotoy Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:10 pm
It's very probably an issue in the free tier, that will be updated soon.
By the way, you can use the unlock option to be able to install your licensed version on the current machine.
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Blender