OTOY pleas answer!!!!

Forums: OTOY pleas answer!!!!
SketchUp Integrated Plugin (Integrated Plugin maintained by OTOY)

Re: OTOY pleas answer!!!!

Postby Seekerfinder » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:22 pm

Seekerfinder Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:22 pm
fuzzybro wrote:Hi Seeker,

Yeah we agree on the resource issue and looking for a solution to that now.
Meanwhile I'll concentrate on SU2015 only since it's the only promising version of SketchUp

Fuzzy

Glad they're looking into the resource thing. OC4SU has been treated like a step child...

I won't speak for 2014 users... but if you're all in for 2015, it would be super if you could commit to a solid, stable, usable, bug-free release. Besides stability, the material editor & general relationship between Octane & SU materials needs serious attention. I have said this before, but whatever you do, please don't throw out the SU material scale link with Octane because, even though it's broken right now, I have found the ability to scale Octane all material pins proportionately using just ONE scale adjustment is pure magic.

Really glad you're back, Fuzzy.

Seeker
Win 8(64) | P9X79-E WS | i7-3930K | 32GB | GTX Titan & GTX 780Ti | SketchUP | Revit | Beta tester for Revit & Sketchup plugins for Octane
Seekerfinder
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby clausgs » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:48 pm

clausgs Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:48 pm
fuzzybro wrote:Hi all.

The questions was raised by clausgs but I reply to everyone concerned.

Can some one please explain to all us octane / SU users what is going on???

As you might notice there is quite a bit of stuff is happening in OTOY and we are working on new exciting products to announce this year.
Unfortunately, this also means that prioritizing is very tricky last couple months, that's why SketchUp plugin development slowed down a lot.
We apologize for that and promise to resolve the issue soon.

The plan for the future development

Since we are still very tight on resources planning has to be done carefully.
I'll create a thread with a new roadmap discussion to provide more value in a short time frame.

As a crisis-management resolution I would focus on fixing critical bugs like SU2015 crashes, adding Octane 2.21 features and improving export to Standalone to make sure you guys can get work done while we figure out how we can give some tender love to the SU plugin.

Expect to see fresh builds soon.

Yours,
Fuzzy

Thanks for your reply to my question's.

I can understand that at times you and your company can be busy with new things. But don't forget your already loyal customers that have decided to use Octane as a part of the daily workflow / production process. It is critical to have resources available at all time for a professional software development, you can not just leave us in the unknown for month's.

Great to have a dedicated thread for the road map, remember to have some kind of time line in this as well.

SU2015 is the way to go, it is 64 bit and the latest in SU, so it makes sense to focus on SU2015.
SU2015 crashing for me is priority 1 to fix

Advanced camera.:
To be able to use the advanced camera. As said in a earlier post the render view shows some strange surfaces sometimes when using the advanced camera (If you need an example let me know).
Also the camera it self is visible in the render view, in the case i have multiply cameras, I can just hide it but?.

Material.:
When i change the base color of a material in the SU native material editor, it do not change the color of the material in the render view. If could do that it would be very nice.

Yes we need the 2.21 features in SU and better export possibilities.

Again very glad that Fuzzybro is back on track again and that OTOY listen to our voices.
Intel Core i7-3770K, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, WIN 7 64bit.
clausgs
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby resmas » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 pm

resmas Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 pm
fuzzybro wrote:Hi all.

The questions was raised by clausgs but I reply to everyone concerned.

Can some one please explain to all us octane / SU users what is going on???

As you might notice there is quite a bit of stuff is happening in OTOY and we are working on new exciting products to announce this year.
Unfortunately, this also means that prioritizing is very tricky last couple months, that's why SketchUp plugin development slowed down a lot.
We apologize for that and promise to resolve the issue soon.

The plan for the future development

Since we are still very tight on resources planning has to be done carefully.
I'll create a thread with a new roadmap discussion to provide more value in a short time frame.

As a crisis-management resolution I would focus on fixing critical bugs like SU2015 crashes, adding Octane 2.21 features and improving export to Standalone to make sure you guys can get work done while we figure out how we can give some tender love to the SU plugin.

Expect to see fresh builds soon.

Yours,
Fuzzy

Thank you Fuzzy, if you need help adressing any bug please ask, and we will do our best to help.
;)
cheers
resmas
i7-2600k | SSD Vertex 3 | WD Velociraptor | WS Revolution | 16GB Ram HyperX | PSU LEPA G1600W | 3 X Asus GTX590 |
https://pt-pt.facebook.com/arq.resmas
resmas
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to SketchUp