I trying to put an illuminated image in my renderings. Just like on a monitor screen or on an lightbox with an image. This is what I do:
- I map an image in sketchup on a surface
- I convert this image into a diffuse material in "octane materials"
- Now I have my surface in my octane render window with that mapped image. All good. But it does not "glow" like a screen or lightbox.
- So I add "emission textrue" on the "emission" tab of that material and select the same image file as a texture file.
- I get a nice glowing image.
But the mapping is all wrong of this glowing image now. Instead of one big image I get a zilion small images mapped over the diffuse image of the material.
I tried all the online resources and the helpfiles but could not find anything that helped. Surely my mistake.
But what am I doing wrong? I need to finish this render asap.
Thanks for any help!