Could not Load mesh error

Forums: Could not Load mesh error
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Could not Load mesh error

Postby Bulwerk » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Bulwerk Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm
I am having a problem exporting an animation.

What I am using
Win 7 64
Octane 2.52
C4D R12 octane export plug in .11c

The scene contains realflow mesh sequence and nothing else. I follow these steps,

Export my scene to octane and modify materials and settings. The plugin generates a obj. and launches Octane no problem at this point.
Save the scene in Octane and close.
Next launch the Octane plugin form C4D. Set render paths making sure there are not spaces.
Next start the animation from within the C4D plugin.

I get an error "Could not load Mesh" and the file path. When I look at the obj. just created the files are 1 KB.

I am not sure if this is a problem with the realflow plug in or the c4d to octane plugin. Any help would be great!
Bulwerk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Could not Load mesh error

Postby abstrax » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:01 pm

abstrax Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:01 pm
Bulwerk wrote:I am having a problem exporting an animation.

What I am using
Win 7 64
Octane 2.52
C4D R12 octane export plug in .11c

The scene contains realflow mesh sequence and nothing else. I follow these steps,

Export my scene to octane and modify materials and settings. The plugin generates a obj. and launches Octane no problem at this point.
Save the scene in Octane and close.
Next launch the Octane plugin form C4D. Set render paths making sure there are not spaces.
Next start the animation from within the C4D plugin.

I get an error "Could not load Mesh" and the file path. When I look at the obj. just created the files are 1 KB.

I am not sure if this is a problem with the realflow plug in or the c4d to octane plugin. Any help would be great!

If the OBJ file is only 1kb, then the problem is on the plugin side.

Do I understand it correctly, that the animation export doesn't work? I don't have any experience with Realflow. What happens, during animation rendering is, that the plugin creates a copy of the document and then runs the animation through. This way, C4D doesn't get blocked during animation rendering. I wonder if there are some specific hacks in the Realflow import that don't work with a copied document...

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Could not Load mesh error

Postby Bulwerk » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:25 am

Bulwerk Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:25 am
Thanks for the response Marcus. Yeah the problem only happens during animation rendering. Oh well I guess I will have to find some work around on the realflow side of things.
Bulwerk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D