Can you solo an object after exported to orbx?

Forums: Can you solo an object after exported to orbx?
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Can you solo an object after exported to orbx?

Postby BCres » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:36 pm

BCres Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:36 pm
Question, if I render a scene from C4D out to orbx and open in standalone, do I have control over adding and deleting objects like I do in C4d? Or just rendering just one particular object?

For example if I exported a field with three cubes, can I remove one of the cubes inside of Octane standalone. Or just render one cube?

Situation is, I rendered a very complicated scene and can't find the exact scene again in C4D. I forgot to bake in the animation and I think it changed some of the physics of the flowers on the way to Octane.

Anyhow, I need to lay one of the petals overtop another object and I still have the original orbx, but I can't rerender just the flowers. I've found a way to remove textures, but it's like the scene it one large composite now.
BCres
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Can you solo an object after exported to orbx?

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:00 am

bepeg4d Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:00 am
Hi BCres,
it depends from the geometry engine used and octane object tag assigned.
If your objects are exported separately and connected to a geometry group node, you can easily detach and attach geometry nodes and isolate the desired mesh.
If the desired mesh is exported inside as a big static mesh, you should use an Object Layer Map node with several Object layer nodes to define the IDs by material and use the Render Layer passes to exctract your mesh:
https://docs.otoy.com/manuals/products/ ... er-passes/
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Can you solo an object after exported to orbx?

Postby BCres » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:58 pm

BCres Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:58 pm
Thanks, beppe, that explains it.

I just saw this reply. Sorry for the delay.
BCres
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D