Octane instances ?

Forums: Octane instances ?
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

Octane instances ?

Postby ribrahomedesign » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 am

ribrahomedesign Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 am
Hi Marcus.
i am wondering if it would be possible to export a animation via your exporter in to two instances of octane , so
i can render two parts of a animation at the same time ?at the moment if i render a animation the exporter
is locked with its settings . i hope you know what i mean.
thanks
Rico
Windows 7 , 64 b / GTX 590 / Archicad 15 , 64 b / Cinema 4D R 13 studio , 64b /Intel(R)Core(TM)Extreme3,20Ghz /always latest Octane.
ribrahomedesign
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane instances ?

Postby abstrax » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm

abstrax Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm
ribrahomedesign wrote:Hi Marcus.
i am wondering if it would be possible to export a animation via your exporter in to two instances of octane , so
i can render two parts of a animation at the same time ?at the moment if i render a animation the exporter
is locked with its settings . i hope you know what i mean.
thanks
Rico

Yes, I know what you mean. What I don't understand is why you want to do that, since both instance of Octane will render on the same GPUs, i.e. each instance will be only half as fast. Why not render one animation and then the other one. The total render time should be about the same.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Octane instances ?

Postby ribrahomedesign » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 pm

ribrahomedesign Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:21 pm
thanks for your reply.

it would be nice to render a sequent s with 1 gpu and in the same time tweak the 2 sequent s
with the 2. gpu to make it ready for rendering .
thanks
Rico
Windows 7 , 64 b / GTX 590 / Archicad 15 , 64 b / Cinema 4D R 13 studio , 64b /Intel(R)Core(TM)Extreme3,20Ghz /always latest Octane.
ribrahomedesign
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D