Compositing with Octane

Forums: Compositing with Octane
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Compositing with Octane

Postby razorsyntax » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:04 pm

razorsyntax Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:04 pm
Will Octane have the ability to support video for compositing? Would love the ability to take tracked footage (eg, animated camera data) and import the data into Octane and render the only the elements needed for compositing. For example, if I'm inserting a robot walking down the street, I'd like the ability to adjust the lighting, textures, and alpha with each frame of footage (and see the footage behind it) to get a better composite.
razorsyntax

Re: Compositing with Octane

Postby abstrax » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:11 pm

abstrax Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:11 pm
razorsyntax wrote:Will Octane have the ability to support video for compositing? Would love the ability to take tracked footage (eg, animated camera data) and import the data into Octane and render the only the elements needed for compositing. For example, if I'm inserting a robot walking down the street, I'd like the ability to adjust the lighting, textures, and alpha with each frame of footage (and see the footage behind it) to get a better composite.

It's not planned for the near future, which doesn't mean that it won't be added at a later time. I just can't say how and when yet.

Cheers,
Marcus
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. - Yogi Berra
abstrax
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Compositing with Octane

Postby radiance » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:21 am

radiance Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:21 am
We do support alpha, and some users have made tutorials on how to render color-masks for compositing,
we do not currently support multi-channel output, as octane is unbiased/path tracing which makes it difficult to select what exactly the channels are.

Radiance
Win 7 x64 & ubuntu | 2x GTX480 | Quad 2.66GHz | 8GB
radiance

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion