Octane for Blender 2.8 lighting problem

Forums: Octane for Blender 2.8 lighting problem
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the demo version of Octane Render.
Forum rules
For new users: this forum is moderated. Your first post will appear only after it has been reviewed by a moderator, so it will not show up immediately.
This is necessary to avoid this forum being flooded by spam.

Octane for Blender 2.8 lighting problem

Postby Mince25 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:28 am

Mince25 Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:28 am
So I render a scene in Octane and I can't seem to reach a value of 1 for bright areas of the image. In Cycles it renders fine, but in Octane no matter how bright I make the light source (area light) it never reaches a value of 1 for brightness in the image. I enabled OctaneCameraImager, enabled Neutral Response, tried different response types including sRGB and gamma 2.2 and still no fix. I tried changing exposure, didnt fix it.
Mince25

Octane for Blender 2 8 lighting problem

Postby ReenlyAsync » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:22 am

ReenlyAsync Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:22 am
Maybe I come from a different way of thinking, but I do not see how learning blender to set up scenes will "boosting productivity". Maybe down the road when you are doing perspective intensive work but not when you are trying to learn. I also think it would take more time to set up a scene in blender than to just go with a light box or just looking at real life. Remember, a 3d program can only simulate lighting. It is in no way a substitute for life. The way I see it, learning to draw from a 3d program is like trying to learn to ride a bike on a stationary bike. Sure you go through similar motions but one way will teach you the actual skills you need in order to do the task you set out to do while the other will keep you in one place, spinning your wheels.
ReenlyAsync

Return to Demo Version Questions & Discussion