How to control output file names?

Forums: How to control output file names?
Hydra Solaris

How to control output file names?

Postby AlexeyAdamitsky » Fri May 03, 2024 10:36 am

AlexeyAdamitsky Fri May 03, 2024 10:36 am
I'm having a hard time setting up the correct names for my output files.

I'm on Houdini 19.5.805 and latest RC10 Octane build.

1. $OCTANE_PASS variable doesn't seem to work at all when used in Solaris. Can you confirm if it's working?

2. Pass render names are just appended as a prefix. It's not great, but I can live with it for the current project.

3. It looks like a bug. If I remove .$F4 at the end then the output files aren't saved at all. If I leave the dot (".") and only remove $F4. The files render but I'm left with the extra dot and the end of the file. I just don't need the sequence numbers for static shots.

20240503_houdinifx_WycO7kn7bG.png

Any suggestions how to make it work as expected?
AlexeyAdamitsky
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: How to control output file names?

Postby BK » Fri May 24, 2024 2:02 am

BK Fri May 24, 2024 2:02 am
AlexeyAdamitsky wrote:I'm having a hard time setting up the correct names for my output files.

I'm on Houdini 19.5.805 and latest RC10 Octane build.

1. $OCTANE_PASS variable doesn't seem to work at all when used in Solaris. Can you confirm if it's working?

2. Pass render names are just appended as a prefix. It's not great, but I can live with it for the current project.

3. It looks like a bug. If I remove .$F4 at the end then the output files aren't saved at all. If I leave the dot (".") and only remove $F4. The files render but I'm left with the extra dot and the end of the file. I just don't need the sequence numbers for static shots.

20240503_houdinifx_WycO7kn7bG.png

Any suggestions how to make it work as expected?

Hi Alexey,

thank you so much for your patience.
It looks like we have the AOV name working automatically without the tagging.
If you have *Save Layered EXR* unchecked, the AOV names are saved as *AovName_HipName_Frames*.
The Layer tag seems to be a bug. We will get this fixed ASAP.

Please let us know if you prefer to implement file prefix tagging like our main plugin!

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Hydra Solaris