Sequencer for 4.24 not working

Forums: Sequencer for 4.24 not working
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Sequencer for 4.24 not working

Postby EvolverInteractive » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:10 am

EvolverInteractive Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:10 am
I can't get it work, nothing.

New level, Blank level, new render target, active viewport, active camera, new camera, cinecamera, moved sequence frame start to 1, then reinstalled the plugin. Repeat and nothing.

Don't seem Unreal is pushing the viewport to the Octane camera.

I just don't know. Normally I can fight it a bit and get it working in about 4 or 5 minutes just by clicking things, but not anymore.

Back to the Getto Hack

edit: I retired this morning: I even disabled Nvlink and any plugins. :cry: No luck,

edit2: I did a fresh install of the Engine and the Plugin, I also tried the Studio Version of the Plugin. I am currently using the enterprise.
EvolverInteractive
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Sequencer for 4.24 not working

Postby lokki19 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:51 pm

lokki19 Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:51 pm
I also had a very similar issue.
Every time I try to render my scene from Sequencer with Octane in Unreal 2.24.1, it is somehow pushing the viewport to the default Perspective and does not keep the selected camera set in the RenderTarget. After the render is finished, or I stop it, I can see that the camera selection drop box is now empty in the OctaneRenderTargert.
I tried recreating the camera and animation, in a new sequencer, new OctaneRenderTarget; nothing has worked. I am out of idea and option (since there is not many option to play with in OctaneRenderTarget in terms of camera selection).
lokki19

Re: Sequencer for 4.24 not working

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:31 pm

ChrisHekman Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:31 pm
This issue should be fixed in the latest build.

viewtopic.php?f=132&t=73675

lokki19 wrote:I also had a very similar issue.
Every time I try to render my scene from Sequencer with Octane in Unreal 2.24.1, it is somehow pushing the viewport to the default Perspective and does not keep the selected camera set in the RenderTarget. After the render is finished, or I stop it, I can see that the camera selection drop box is now empty in the OctaneRenderTargert.
I tried recreating the camera and animation, in a new sequencer, new OctaneRenderTarget; nothing has worked. I am out of idea and option (since there is not many option to play with in OctaneRenderTarget in terms of camera selection).

Sorry for the confusion here. There was a bug where the octane sequencer would not update the rendertarget camera.
The octane sequencer overrides the user-selected camera with the active sequencer camera. This is done to ensure that Octane Sequencer has the same results as the other unreal sequencer modes.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports