i would like to know what are the feature supported for baking lightmap with Octane 2020 in Unity 2019.4.
does the scope of the video cover everything ?
it looks that the tool :
- need a lot of manual per object settings
- cannot work or produce shadowmasks to blend baked lighting and dynamic lighting
- cannot bake the computed GI to lightprobes
so in other words except that you are working directly in Unity, it looks that the feature are exactly the same comparing to baking in Standalone or in Octane for Maya.
- you set camBake ID
- you set object ID
- you can view the map in the viewport in realtime
- you save a texture and plug into a constant shader
I know the tool is still in beta, but i would like to be sure that these are the only supported feature ?
I prefer to double check because sometime the doc is outdated, and octane can do things not describe in the doc, like rendering Xgen geo for ex.
Thanks for your time
PS : i don' t know if those feature are in your to do list, but here is a good exemple of the feature i was expecting with octane baker :
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t ... per-122218