Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Forums: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby thinkinmonkey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:49 pm

thinkinmonkey Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:49 pm
Goldorak wrote:
thinkinmonkey wrote:Hello,
I have to try it more, but it seems very nice and useful software, especially if used with cached vfx, can't wait for the alembic feature.
Do you have a roadmap? Possibly knowing final price?
Thank you.


Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.


Thank you, Goldorak.
Another question: so it will be possible to use Sculptron also with other softwares, for example, with Houdini, importing/exporting vdb simulations to and from Houdini will be possible and so, right?
Sculptron will not be restricted to Octane, right?
Thank you again.
thinkinmonkey
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby linograndiotoy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 pm

linograndiotoy Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 pm
thinkinmonkey wrote:
Goldorak wrote:
thinkinmonkey wrote:Hello,
I have to try it more, but it seems very nice and useful software, especially if used with cached vfx, can't wait for the alembic feature.
Do you have a roadmap? Possibly knowing final price?
Thank you.


Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.


Thank you, Goldorak.
Another question: so it will be possible to use Sculptron also with other softwares, for example, with Houdini, importing/exporting vdb simulations to and from Houdini will be possible and so, right?
Sculptron will not be restricted to Octane, right?
Thank you again.


Sculptron can be used with any 3D software supporting VDB, SDF, OBJs and MDD cache formats. We're also going to support Alembic soon. Is not possible to import VDB files in Sculptron right now, but we're going to support that in the future (OpenVDB import/editing/export).
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby mustardseedsg » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 am

mustardseedsg Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 am
Will there be a MacOS version?

Goldorak wrote:Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.
Mac OSX 10.12.6 / MBP 15" w Touch Bar, 16GB / Mantiz Venus Thunderbolt 3 enclosure with GX1080 / C4d r19 Octane
mustardseedsg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:54 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby Goldorak » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:25 am

Goldorak Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:25 am
mustardseedsg wrote:Will there be a MacOS version?

Goldorak wrote:Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.


Yes
User avatar
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby Greg » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 am

Greg Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 am
Hi Lino - so got the Wacom to work. Un-installed and re-installed the driver. Weird.

Anyway, looking forward to giving it a spin. I'll put a video up on pixelfondue.com / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_uW-XmKnH0KQs-NmE0AUQ when I get a chance.

G
CEO Sabertooth Productions
Co-Founder Pixel Fondue
Greg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby linograndiotoy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 am

linograndiotoy Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:34 am
Greg wrote:Hi Lino - so got the Wacom to work. Un-installed and re-installed the driver. Weird.

Anyway, looking forward to giving it a spin. I'll put a video up on pixelfondue.com / https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_uW-XmKnH0KQs-NmE0AUQ when I get a chance.

G


Awesome!

Next build is going to bring more than an 800% increase in sculpting speed, symmetry mode fixes, dedicated tablet navigation, UI improvements fixes and more! ;)
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby HHbomb » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm

HHbomb Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm
Any idea how to change voxel size ( number of voxels ) ? Voxel size change nothing... ?
| seven 64 | i7 5930K + titanX + 1050 for video | i7 3970 + 4 x titan | i7 5960 + 4 x titanX | 3dsmax 2018 |
HHbomb
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:45 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby pegot » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:03 am

pegot Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:03 am
HHbomb wrote:Any idea how to change voxel size ( number of voxels ) ? Voxel size change nothing... ?

I am trying to figure that out as well. When I bring a VDB sequence exported from Sculptron into Octane it appears very low res and pixelated.
Windows 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64 GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
GTX 1080 ti SC Black (wc)
GTX 1080 ti SC2 Hybrid
GTX 780 6 GB
------
Hackintosh OS X 10.14.3 - NOT able to use with Octane :(
3.5 Ghz Intel i7-3770K / 32 GB
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5
GTX 770 4 GB
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:44 am

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby linograndiotoy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:35 am

linograndiotoy Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:35 am
pegot wrote:
HHbomb wrote:Any idea how to change voxel size ( number of voxels ) ? Voxel size change nothing... ?

I am trying to figure that out as well. When I bring a VDB sequence exported from Sculptron into Octane it appears very low res and pixelated.


Yes, the Voxel Size option defines the VDB resolution. You may have to use decimal values to get the result you need (0.1, 0.05...it really depends on the size of your mesh). Just remember to hit Refresh as you change the Voxel Size, so you can see the preview in OpenGL (not needed before export, internally the new value is applied anyway).

Changing the Opacity value can help better see the final result.

Voxel Size = 0.01
Sculpt_Voxel_Size_01.JPG

Voxel Size = 0.05
Sculpt_Voxel_Size_02.JPG

Voxel Size = 0.1
Sculpt_Voxel_Size_03.JPG
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby pegot » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:09 pm

pegot Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:09 pm
What does the parameter for samples control (default is set to 256)?
Windows 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64 GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
GTX 1080 ti SC Black (wc)
GTX 1080 ti SC2 Hybrid
GTX 780 6 GB
------
Hackintosh OS X 10.14.3 - NOT able to use with Octane :(
3.5 Ghz Intel i7-3770K / 32 GB
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5
GTX 770 4 GB
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:44 am
PreviousNext

Return to Octane for Unity


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:02 pm [ UTC ]