OTOY® is very proud to announce the availability of a new free version of OctaneRender™ 2020 for Blender® 2.83 - with free new tier!
The world's fastest and most feature-rich unbiased Octane render engine 2020.1.3 that integrates completely with Blender 2.83.
This is the first release of OctaneRender™ for Blender® 2020 for Blender® 2.83 is available for the first time on Octane's new free tier!
As with all experimental builds, please do not use this for production purposes.
We can't guarantee that scenes saved with this version will be compatible in future releases, and we anticipate there being several maintenance releases.
In the meantime, we look forward to your feedback on this release.
At this point, we have hit feature lock and would be moving towards stabilizing the plugin.
More OctaneRender™ 2020 for Blender® 2.83 Videos
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 2020.1 here:
The installation consists of two parts, downloaded and installed separately:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
- You will need to create an OTOY account in order to download. Please follow these steps here
- Download and Install both OctaneRender™ Server and Blender - OctaneRender™ edition from the link below.
- Run OctaneRender™ Server (Right-click on OctaneServer from the tray icons to Exit the application.)
- Now, run Blender - OctaneRender™ edition. You can start rendering inside Blender viewport (or open a rendered view).
- Octane needs to be activatad as an addon before it can be listed in the Render Engine drop-down. Please go to Edit>Preferences>Add-ons to load Octane Render Engine
Download Octane 2020.1.3-21.9 for Blender 2.83 Stable (free tier) - Updated 2020-06-26
Download OctaneRender™ for Blender® 2020.1.3-21.9 for Blender® 2.83 - with free new tier!
For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
Happy GPU Rendering !!