render crash and "static pin - keepInstancePower"

Forums: render crash and "static pin - keepInstancePower"
Maxon Cinema 4D (Export script developed by abstrax, Integrated Plugin developed by aoktar)

Moderator: aoktar

render crash and "static pin - keepInstancePower"

Postby sreinger » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 pm

sreinger Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 pm
First i have many problems with rendering my real big city. It have 9 million polygons and 980MB space. My two 2080ti is overloaded with 8GB. Because f** Windows dont let me the full 12GB vram.
I have reduced the textures from 4GB to 500MB. Really hard work for 160 materials.
And i have high resolution 3 Fog VDB, 2 Smoke VDB and 3 Explosion VDBs same time, many buildings and hundred of polygon and scatter objects. The cfd file is over 1GB.
My PC goes at the limit of the possible. One picture needs 4 minutes. It needs 9 days for my render animation.
But now... after 4 renderpictures, he rendered "empty" pictures. only the background Alpha. In the preview, it works ! I dont know what happend. I see only this in LOG file.

Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission'

I use [keep instance power] on every emission tag, because its scale the light automatic to scene size.

The problem, i can not go sleep when he dont do his job. i have only few days to finalize this project :shock:
Please help.

On Cinema Log i found "CRITICAL: Stop [atom.cpp(377)" but this is when i work in Cinema. Not Octane. it was really an ordeal to work. i had to wait for cinema to finish with every interaction. every mouse click 5 seconds. I must often, invisible many objects that cinema dont crash. My scene is too much for cinema. :cry:

Ok,... how i can stable octane rendering? What is "cant static pin" Error ?
Kind regards :)
sreinger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: render crash and "static pin - keepInstancePower"

Postby aoktar » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:42 pm

aoktar Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:42 pm
the error messages you sent that's not a critical error to cause crashes. I can't see anything about the crash in your post. Your render speed should be very low and render priority is not LOW, if you click and wait for interactivity. Advice to hide some volume effects and switch to DL kernel to see what's slowing you. And do not use very low volume step length for faster renderings. Try to make your scene is more optimized.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby sreinger » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:41 am

sreinger Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:41 am
HI :D yes the crash comes with cinema. But very often from octane too. Specialy, when you run the preview and make undo actions :lol: yeah octane hate it. :evil: My octane crashs 15-20 times per day when i work. :geek: i think its normal (?) :roll:

The rendering problem that he only renders empty images, that is an Octane problem. But right now, I tried it again and he did it. Please don't ask me why. Something was bothering him while rendering. But it's annoying because it's very unreliable.

By the way, yes it works very laboriously in Cinema. My preview is always on "DL" and the priority is "high". But the problem is Cinema itself... the problem is not good for big scenes. Maybe you have to use other 3D programs for extreme scenes.

Other things...
I found another bug that your team should investigate. I was annoyed to have to re-render images again because buildings suddenly became invisible. Although they don't have an OctaneObjectTag.
I gave an instance a tag with 0.2 visibility.

If this instance is placed "below" the first instance nothing happens, it does not become transparent. If I put the object on top, ALL instances will be transparent, even those below that have no tag at all.

And if I deactivate the rendering instance, everything is displayed correctly.
this is crazy !!
Attachments
mysterium.jpg
sreinger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:42 am

aoktar Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:42 am
The rendering problem that he only renders empty images, that is an Octane problem. But right now, I tried it again and he did it. Please don't ask me why. Something was bothering him while rendering. But it's annoying because it's very unreliable.

For this case, give more visible and solid information. You may have c4d shaders which crashes or out-of-resources and gives CORE errors. Always check for error messages(on-screen/console) and render stats.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby sreinger » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:22 pm

sreinger Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:22 pm
:!: thanks for reply. i have extreme stress at the moment, i would like to answer you the days more precisely. i use a lot of shaders from the packages. i don't know if one of them causes problems. It is hard to find out. The Octane log is always gone when Cinema crashes. Is the log file saved? I can't find it on my hard disk. :|
What do you mean with render stats? Any protocoll ?

But now, i have another important question to you. I know hat thepixellab calling you about this problem.
When you use two VDB Objects obverlapping, then we have a light artefact, extreme white pixels.
I tried to use same Volume step length. but same problem. Look to my picture, you understand. One Smoke floor and one Smoke effect on top. Same problem when you use Explosion VDB and SMoke VDB. dont work. And other problem, i cut the VDB overlapping container.
Hope you can help. Its really dont made fun to work so. Every time when i need two objects, i must fase our in my animation, kill the smoke floor, and then make second VDB. it looks really bad.
Thanks so much !!!

PS: i use R17 and Octane 4.05 and Win10
Attachments
problem.jpg
sreinger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 am

bepeg4d Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:56 am
Hi sreinger,

V4 is a three years old obsolete version!
Meanwhile we had 2018, 2019, 2020, and we are going to move to the next 2021 version very soon.

What kind of support/fix do you expect for an obsolete version?

Also note that overlapping VDB issue is not a plugin issue, but a problem of the general SDK.

So please, download c4doctane 2020.1.4 demo:
https://render.otoy.com/plugindownloads ... .4_win.rar

And check your scene. If the issue is not already solved, it should be reported here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=75704

Please also note that a lot of things have changed for Volumes, there is a new Scattering Depth parameter in the Kernel, that works if the Emulate old Volume behavior option is disabled, there is a new AI Volume Denoiser, and new parameters for Step Legth Volume Shadows, and Volume Displacement.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby sreinger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:36 pm

sreinger Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:36 pm
It is right, v4 is old :)
I will try the demo.
sreinger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sreinger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:28 am

sreinger Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:28 am
I bought Octane 2020 now. My problem, new octane now interprets differently.. Example, the Scatter. All my plants sitting on other position as by octane 4 although the object has the same start value. :|
so I cannot continue it at the same frame. I need to made an fast transition. maybe I make a blurry camera movement. From older renderimage to newer. :?
The VDB in Octane 2020 is good, i like it. But the density is other as octane 4. it is stronger. i try to setting it down, that the image look same es the last 8 Days i rendering. But its to different, i think i made the blurry camera and cut old and new scenes.
The octane 2020 does not render much faster is a bit disappointing, but maybe we'll clarify this in my other thread. :)
sreinger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby sreinger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:46 pm

sreinger Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:46 pm
It does not look good for me. I have invested over $10k in the project and now it seems that I won't make the deadline for the games fair. I often get render errors. :( I had hoped Octane 2020 would run more stable.

I think I will quickly switch from 4k to HD. 5 minutes per frame is too long. And when explosions come into the picture, it takes 12 minutes.
I have reduced all 500 Textures from 4GB TIF/PNG to 1GB JPG. But 8GB render is still too much.
Strange is, it creates 2 frames at the beginning and then comes the error (see below). When I restart Cinema it runs again for 2 frames only. Am I not allowed to work with the PC while rendering ?

It is the horror. I am worried. :cry:

Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DF8F1FA0F0)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DF8F3073C0)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DEFD4F24E0)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DEFD4F4B20)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DFBFF82750)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DEF722B690)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DAFD09B860)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DCD7F74BD0)
device 0: disabling RTX acceleration as mesh data cannot be placed into VRAM
Out-of-core memory limit exceeded
device 1: disabling RTX acceleration as mesh data cannot be placed into VRAM
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DB3F0609C0)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DEC066DF40)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DF596FEAF0)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DC0DFCBC50)
CUDA error 2 on device 1: out of memory
-> failed to allocate device memory
....Out-of-core memory limit exceeded
Out-of-core memory limit exceeded...........
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DE9B9C4690)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DDF3242AE0)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DD4897DCF0)
Can't write int to static pin 'keepInstancePower' (P_KEEP_INSTANCE_POWER, type PT_BOOL) of node 'Texture Emission' (NT_EMIS_TEXTURE, 000001DD4897EB90)

Mismatching barriers, 5 and 2

OptiX error for device 1: [ERROR] "sbt->raygenRecord" is null
OptiX API error for device 1: Invalid value
device 1: direct light kernel failed

This error is new, think it is a RTX problem. The renderer says he use 6,9 Vram. why then he have problem with out if memory? :?:
I read about out-of-core option. i will try to give him my 64GB RAM.

EDIT: i give him 40GB ram, and he run. it works. Only in HD, but better as nothing.
sreinger
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby AaronWestwood » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:55 am

AaronWestwood Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:55 am
Ive also been running into 'out of memory' a lot recently with bigger scenes, even when 1-3gb VRAM is still available....so its nice knowing its not just me.

Scenes are fully optimized. I started a thread a few days back in regards to VRAM usage. Really hoping a fix can be found as the constant crashes are soul crushing!

I am working on a scene where I get your exact crash log. The scene is using 7.2, with 1.4 available, constant crashes. C4D project is under 300mb, but there are 3 alembic's from speedtree in there (optimised)

I am yet to find a solution outside of memory usage being fixed. Finger's crossed! :)
3D Environment Artist
http://www.artstation.com/aaronwestwood
2 x 4090 // 13900KS // 96GB 5600mHz DDR5 // Windows 11
AaronWestwood
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Maxon Cinema 4D