OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2.22.2 - 1.0 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2.22.2 - 1.0 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases
Forum rules
Any bugs related to this plugin should be reported to the Bug Reports sub-forum.
Bugs related to Octane itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2.22.2 - 1.0 [OBSOLETE]

Postby JimStar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:41 am

JimStar Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:41 am
Don't switch the current critical projects to this major version, as you may need to re-tune the scene for them.

Changes since the previous version

• New 2.22.2 engine.
    • Don't use the stereo mode anymore to disable stereo in the thin-lens camera, but the stereo output setting. This makes the stereo settings of the panoramic and thin-lens cameras consistent.
    • Added option "Pixel aspect ratio" to the thin-lens camera node, which allows you to render to a non-square pixel format (like NTSC or PAL).
    • Added option "Aperture aspect ratio" to the thin-lens camera node, which allows you to stretch/squash the DOF disc.
    • Added pin "Keep upright" to the panoramic camera node. If enabled, the up-vector is kept at (0, 1, 0).
    • Added option "Pano blackout latitude" to the panoramic camera node, which defines the minimum latitude (in spherical camera coordinates) at which the rendering is "blacked out", when stereo rendering is enabled. This is to avoid eye strain, when people try to look up or down at the poles.
  • Reworked the passes mehanizm:
    • Implemented the new feature of quickly choose and render any pass in OctaneRender viewport in live-render mode - see the new combobox in Octane viewport window. Exporting into Max framebuffer now exports all the passes chosen as render-elements if the current Octane viewport pass is beauty pass. If any other pass is chosen for rendering in Octane viewport - only this current pass will be exported to Max framebuffer.
    • Added all the missed passes to render elements.
    • Added the missed parameters of some passes to render elements settings (e.g. "AO max. samples", "AO alpha shadows" for "Ambient occlusion" pass, etc...).
    • Added the missed common paramters for info-passes: such as "Start after beauty", "Max. samples", "Distributed tracing", "Filter size" and "Tonemapping". You can find this settings-group inside the common kernel settings.
    • Added the "Object layer ID" parameter to Octane object properties. Now you can render Octane object layer masks in both the final render and in Octane viewport session.
    • Now you can assign the light pass numbers to emission nodes and render the mask passes in both the final render and in Octane viewport session.
    • Added "Render layer setup" group to common settings (you can set e.g. the current Octane layer to be rendered).
  • Multiprocessor calculations are now used in some parts of code to speedup the plugin. This work is just in the beginning, so more parts of the plugin will become multithreaded in future.
  • New installer is implemented. Now you can install the Octane plugin into all installed Max versions in one go. Standard uninstaller procedure is registered in Windows and is put into start menu together with the link to manual after installation.
  • Version string of the plugin from now on is structured. The version number contains two parts: "<engine version> - <plugin version>". This way the plugin is able to have its own independent version number which does not depend on the engine version it is linked with. This is the only way to have own roadmap for the plugin planned in the tracker.
  • Minor fixes and improvements...

DOWNLOAD
OctaneRender for 3ds Max 2.22.2 - 1.0 (21.4MB autoinstaller file)
OctaneRender for 3ds Max 2.22.2 - 1.0 DEMO (18.5MB autoinstaller file)

For network slave and daemon please download standalone installer here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=45529

Yours,
The OctaneRender® Team.
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender® for 3ds max® v2.22.2 - 1.0 [TEST]

Postby JimStar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:47 am

JimStar Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:47 am
If you still experience the issues with motion blur - I need the scene where I can reproduce it...
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby oguzbir » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:07 am

oguzbir Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:07 am
Thank you for this release Jimstar.
My Portfolio
windows 10 Pro. |1070 + 1070 + 1070 + 1070 | i7 @4.5Ghz
oguzbir
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby wastzzz » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:16 am

wastzzz Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:16 am
Thanks.
wastzzz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby gabrielefx » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:17 am

gabrielefx Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:17 am
Thank you.
Karba leaved the project?
quad Titan Kepler 6GB + quad Titan X Pascal 12GB + quad GTX1080 8GB + dual GTX1080Ti 11GB
gabrielefx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bicket » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:32 am

bicket Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:32 am
Thanks for this update

But I can't manage to make the installer work ... :(
Maybe because my 3dsmax is not installed in C:\Program Files\Autodesk

Could we choose the destination folder please
PortFolio
4 x TITAN - Win 7 64 - Octane Rocks
bicket
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:28 am

JimStar Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:28 am
bicket wrote:Thanks for this update

The installer takes the installation folder automatically from windows registry, so there is no need to choose the folder manually. I think there may be some other issue here.
What version of 3ds Max you have installed? Do you see the checkbox enabled automatically on its item in list during installation?
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby bicket » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:35 am

bicket Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:35 am
JimStar wrote:
bicket wrote:Thanks for this update

The installer takes the installation folder automatically from windows registry, so there is no need to choose the folder manually. I think there may be some other issue here.
What version of 3ds Max you have installed? Do you see the checkbox enabled automatically on its item in list during installation?

I have 3dsmax 2012 64 and 3dsmax design 2014 64 installed (migration in progress).
I have not checkbox automatically enabled.

I check manually, the installation proceed but nothing new in both max versions.
PortFolio
4 x TITAN - Win 7 64 - Octane Rocks
bicket
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:48 am

JimStar Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:48 am
bicket
Thanks for report. I'll check it tomorrow - I think "Max design" registry keys (and keys of very old versions) might just differ a little, perhaps this may be the reason... If it is the reason - it will be fixed quickly without the need to force you to choose the folder manually during installation.
I just need to install all the bunch of different versions on my machine to investigate the differences in the registry keys (holding the installation path) of each of them.
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby nagboy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:51 am

nagboy Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:51 am
Render output looks crazy... Grain everywhere, strange color grain in the lights.
nagboy
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Releases