Octane to Sketchfab C4D

Forums: Octane to Sketchfab C4D
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Octane to Sketchfab C4D

Postby Lxnely_Andy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:03 pm

Lxnely_Andy Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:03 pm
Hi!

I want to export models with materials to sketchfab but octane materials don't work on it so I've used plain standard materials when uploading to sketchfab, but I want to be able to make slightly more complex things and upload them there...
Is there a way to transform an Octane Material into a standard/redshift material or just a normal texture map?

For exmaple if I were to UV transform/move a texture to the exact spot I wouldn't know how to do that on the other types of materials so if there's a way to magically transform the octane materials into normal ones that'd be nice XD
Lxnely_Andy

Re: Octane to Sketchfab C4D

Postby namagama37 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:03 am

namagama37 Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:03 am
While there is no direct way to convert an Octane material to a standard material or texture map, you can recreate the material manually using information from the Octane material.

Here is a general procedure you can follow:

Extract texture map:

For each material in your Octane setup, define the texture maps used (e.g. diffuse/albedo maps, specular maps, normal maps, etc.).
Export or save these texture maps from your Octane material setup.
Material regeneration:

In your desired rendering software (e.g. Blender with Cycles or Redshift), create new standard materials.
Assign extracted texture maps to corresponding locations in the standard material (e.g. diffuse/reflection map for base color location, normal map for normal location, etc.).
Adjust material properties as needed to match the appearance of your original Octane material.
UV Map:

If your model requires specific UV mapping adjustments for texture placement, you will need to do this manually in your 3D software.
Use the UV editing tools to adjust the UV mapping of your model, ensuring that the texture map is placed correctly.
Test and tweak:

After you've recreated the materials and adjusted the UV mapping as needed, try rendering your scene to see how it looks.basket random
Make any other adjustments to the material properties or UV maps as needed to achieve the desired results.
While this process may require some manual work, it allows you to recreate your Octane materials in a format compatible with other render engines like Redshift or Blender's standard renderer . With some practice, you'll become more proficient at recreating complex materials and textures in different rendering environments.
namagama37

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion