Auto Samsung Gear VR tour content for ORBX Media Player

Forums: Auto Samsung Gear VR tour content for ORBX Media Player
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Auto Samsung Gear VR tour content for ORBX Media Player

Postby MB » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:51 am

MB Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:51 am
All,

Not sure how many people are still using their old Samsung Gear VR and the ORBX Media Player, but here is a Lua script that will render out appropriate content and a corresponding script so that content can be viewed as a VR tour on Samsung gear VR devices with the ORBX Media Player installed on the corresponding android phone.

Let me know if you find bugs, I will try to fix. Instructions are as follows, are also included in the scripts headers, and as a tooltip under the ellipses "..." in the UI.

-- Description:
-- This script renders all the available render targets of the loaded project as Cubemap or Equirectangular images to a user specified Directory created by this script.
-- Additionally it writes a Lua VR tour script suitable for the Orbx Media Player on android phones to the same directory, creating a package of files,
-- the user specified folder of which can be dropped into the 'ORBX>media' folder on the phone so that it will appear in the media player when it starts.
-- The script will also write stero pair versions of the image suitable for 3D display on a Leia Lume Pad 2 android tablet.
-- A log file is created in the directory immediately above the package folder.
--
-- Setup
-- The Render Target to be rendered requires both a Camera and a Film settings with an Image resolution node be connected, otherwise ithe script will not complete.
--
-- User supplied data.
-- Asks the user for an output directory and saves all the images to that directory (<rendertargetname>_01.png, <rendertargetname>_02.png, ...) and optionally a tour script.
-- Asks user for the file format of the output
-- Requires recource files to be located in the Octane scripts directory in a sub folder called resources i.e. C:\Program Files\OTOY\Scripts\Recources,
-- this can be changed by editing the script.
--
Attachments
Create VR Tour.zip
Lua script and folder containing 3 resource files.
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
Windows 11, 2x Intel I9, 64GB Ram, 2x GTX 1080 TI, 1 x RTX 380 TI, Oculus Quest 2
MB
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Auto Samsung Gear VR tour content for ORBX Media Player

Postby MB » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:14 pm

MB Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:14 pm
Fixed a problem exporting cube maps.
This post contains the latest VR Tour Lua script, not the supporting resource files required by the ORBX media player on the Samsung Gear VR, so you must download files from both posts and replace the original Lua script in the first post with this one.
Attachments
Create VR Tour.lua
(60.87 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Windows 11, 2x Intel I9, 64GB Ram, 2x GTX 1080 TI, 1 x RTX 380 TI, Oculus Quest 2
MB
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion