How many computers can support a single subscription?

Forums: How many computers can support a single subscription?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

How many computers can support a single subscription?

Postby arsenarsen82 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:46 pm

arsenarsen82 Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:46 pm
Dear Octane Community
Im very new here, and i want to buy a month subscribtion, and i wonder, on how many devices i can install Octane for 1 subscription plan.
arsenarsen82

Re: How many computers can support a single subscription?

Postby bepeg4d » Tue May 02, 2023 6:52 am

bepeg4d Tue May 02, 2023 6:52 am
Hi, and welcome :)
You can install OctaneRender in any device you want, there is not a limit, but you can activate the Standalone and plugins license on one device at a time.

You also have 10x Render-Node licenses that can be used to speed up the rendering of the main Workstation that works with Standalone and plugins.
Basically you can use the Octane Network Render feature for adding the GPUs of the machines in your LAN to the Workstation via Ethernet in both Live View / IPR, and Picture Viewer/Render Queue final render, with animated and static scenes. So you can use its power in every phase of the scene preparation, speeding up a lot the workflow.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby creative_addict_3D » Thu May 04, 2023 7:05 pm

creative_addict_3D Thu May 04, 2023 7:05 pm
Hello Team,

So for houdini, we need [OctaneRender Standalone edition license and an OctaneRender for Houdini Plugin license] or do we need [OctaneRender® Studio+ Subscriptions] and the monthly subscription is same for both the software? I was not able to find the Standalone license for Houdini?

Am I looking for something that is not there and the only subscription that is available is STUDIO+ ?

Thank you,
Creative.
creative_addict_3D

Postby bepeg4d » Wed May 10, 2023 8:57 am

bepeg4d Wed May 10, 2023 8:57 am
The Studio+ license is enough, Standalone and all Plugins are always included, and cannot be purchased separately anymore from a long time now.
To make the things easier, now there is only one type of subscription, named Studio+, including Standalone, all plugins, 10x render-nodes, plus extra software, and RNDR access.
https://home.otoy.com/render/octane-render/purchase/

Happy GPU rendering!

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion