blurring the hdri doesnt work

Forums: blurring the hdri doesnt work
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

blurring the hdri doesnt work

Postby shayansep » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:35 pm

shayansep Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:35 pm
hi everybody im using a HDRI environment on my product and i really like the result i just want to make the hdri a little bit blurry so the reflect doesnt show the details of the hdri map.......i used the blur scale and blur offset on the hdri window and the preview of the hdri got very blurry but nothing happens on my render view....do you know why is that or what should i do ??
thank you for your attention
shayansep

Re: blurring the hdri doesnt work

Postby bepeg4d » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:47 am

bepeg4d Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:47 am
Hi,
I have already answered you via Support mail, but for other users, those parameters are related to c4d, not to Octane.
Please, have a look at the following discussion on the Otoy forum, there is a GaussianBlur.osl script that could be used to blur the HDRI:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=66648&p=335729&hilit=gaussianblur#p335729

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby noldo » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:09 pm

noldo Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:09 pm
Why apply a filter, try to bake the HDRI texture to a lower resolution texture, the advantage is a low memory usage!
noldo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby aoktar » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:41 pm

aoktar Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:41 pm
shayansep wrote:hi everybody im using a HDRI environment on my product and i really like the result i just want to make the hdri a little bit blurry so the reflect doesnt show the details of the hdri map.......i used the blur scale and blur offset on the hdri window and the preview of the hdri got very blurry but nothing happens on my render view....do you know why is that or what should i do ??

Sounds like you're using it in a wrong way. Because ImageTexture has not "blur scale" and "blur scale". It's from Bitmap shader of C4D. I've repeatly mentioned that do not use Bitmap shaders, go with ImageTexture node. Because it's not a supported thing, not native for the renderer.
Octane For Cinema 4D developer / 3d generalist

3930k / 16gb / 780ti + 1070/1080 / psu 1600w / numerous hw
aoktar
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby jeuslei » Mon May 25, 2020 12:03 pm

jeuslei Mon May 25, 2020 12:03 pm
aoktar wrote:
shayansep wrote:hi everybody im using a HDRI environment on my product and i really like the result i just want to make the hdri a little bit blurry so the reflect doesnt show the details of the hdri map.......i used the blur scale and blur offset on the hdri window and the preview of the hdri got very blurry but nothing happens on my render view....do you know why is that or what should i do rr.com ??

Sounds like you're using it in a wrong way. Because ImageTexture has not "blur scale" and "blur scale". It's from Bitmap shader of C4D. I've repeatly mentioned that do not use Bitmap shaders, go with ImageTexture node. Because it's not a supported thing, not native for the renderer.

Finally I am able to figure it out. Thank you very much for the assistance.
jeuslei

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion