Octane Render lightfield Unity VR

Forums: Octane Render lightfield Unity VR
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Re: Octane Render lightfield Unity VR

Postby Goldorak » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 pm

Goldorak Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:22 pm
Skyt8000 wrote:3.1 alpha was supposed to be out 2016 Summer ?!! viewtopic.php?f=98&t=54674

But till now no release yet.

Any latest dates for 3.1 release?

In the link above, TBD doesn't mean summer 2016.

Here are two updates from the past month:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OctaneR ... 138514700/
https://twitter.com/julesurbach/status/ ... 8164758529
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jasonr » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Jasonr Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:51 pm
I am still using cubemaps with octane but
I've read somewhere that Unity will be able to import orbx files.
That means that we can create a complete scene even with an octane plugin for example an architectural interior
and import it in Unity for VR presentation through VIVE for example. .
It is like a walkable ORBX right?
I guess further editing will be needed in matters of setting obstacles like floor and walls.

Any kind of more info concerning this intergration Goldorak.
Thank you so much.
ASUS Z10 PE-D8 WS/2 x XEON E5-2680 V4/64GB RAM/1xQuadro M5000/2x NVIDIA GTX TITAN Pascal/ Windows 10/ Archicad 20
Jasonr
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon May 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Goldorak Mon May 01, 2017 2:52 pm
Jasonr wrote:I am still using cubemaps with octane but
I've read somewhere that Unity will be able to import orbx files.
That means that we can create a complete scene even with an octane plugin for example an architectural interior
and import it in Unity for VR presentation through VIVE for example. .
It is like a walkable ORBX right?
I guess further editing will be needed in matters of setting obstacles like floor and walls.

Any kind of more info concerning this intergration Goldorak.
Thank you so much.

Pretty much all of Octane standalone is baked into Unity 2017. You can export aUnity scene graph into ORBX package (standard and std. specular convert automatically into Octane, as do Unity lights and sun/sky system). More importantly, you can import an ORBX scene file and attach it as a Unity 3D object, and control it like any other game object. In the Unity viewport, you just see the ORBX proxy bounding box, but in the live OR viewport, you see the Unity scene mixed with the ORBX scene in the bbox. You can also inspect and render embedded render targets in the ORBX scne package, and copy camera/environment or other settings for use in the parent scene.

We plan to having baking to light maps supported for Unity assets in the beta (i.e. similar to Enlighten/lightmapper), and then work on converting ORBX proxy scenes into real Unity geometry - if possible within Unity viewport. If the ORBX scene is to heavy to convert to geometry, then we will have a cloud rendering system on ORC that can bake the proxy into a light field/voxel volume for streaming or download as an ORBX Media file. This can be loaded in the Unity game window in place of the ORBX proxy bbox, with all the rendering quality of Octane baked into the volume.

On PC/android we are testing how we can embed the game into an ORBX, publish it to the open web, and play back it with ORBX/light field URL streams and seamless intergation. We're working on supporting this in pure HTML5/WebVR via ORBX.js when native ORBX playback isn't possible.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Rebelismo » Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 am

Rebelismo Thu May 04, 2017 5:36 am
Goldorak wrote:Pretty much all of Octane standalone is baked into Unity 2017. You can export aUnity scene graph into ORBX package (standard and std. specular convert automatically into Octane, as do Unity lights and sun/sky system). More importantly, you can import an ORBX scene file and attach it as a Unity 3D object, and control it like any other game object. In the Unity viewport, you just see the ORBX proxy bounding box, but in the live OR viewport, you see the Unity scene mixed with the ORBX scene in the bbox. You can also inspect and render embedded render targets in the ORBX scne package, and copy camera/environment or other settings for use in the parent scene.

We plan to having baking to light maps supported for Unity assets in the beta (i.e. similar to Enlighten/lightmapper), and then work on converting ORBX proxy scenes into real Unity geometry - if possible within Unity viewport. If the ORBX scene is to heavy to convert to geometry, then we will have a cloud rendering system on ORC that can bake the proxy into a light field/voxel volume for streaming or download as an ORBX Media file. This can be loaded in the Unity game window in place of the ORBX proxy bbox, with all the rendering quality of Octane baked into the volume.

On PC/android we are testing how we can embed the game into an ORBX, publish it to the open web, and play back it with ORBX/light field URL streams and seamless intergation. We're working on supporting this in pure HTML5/WebVR via ORBX.js when native ORBX playback isn't possible.

Thanks for the update Goldorak!

This is obviously incredibly exciting. Would you be able to give us an estimate when the beta will be available for everyone to test out? It sounds like the Octane lightmapper and ORBX support will be a game changer in terms of upping the level of quality for content creation within Unity.
Rebelismo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Thu May 04, 2017 5:47 am

Goldorak Thu May 04, 2017 5:47 am
Unity 2017 is shipping this summer, and 3.07 will be ready on or before then.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion