Laptop for working in 3D with Octane

Forums: Laptop for working in 3D with Octane
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Laptop for working in 3D with Octane

Postby Brokoli22 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Brokoli22 Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:11 pm
Hello guys

This is actuall my first Post ever in a forum. Im hopping i am doing mostly correct. :)

We did just get octane in work and i love it!
And now i want to buy a laptop witch works good with octane. I will do really hard changing to windows :/ but i think it has to be... I was googling the whole day compabilities between gpus and octanebench etc. and couldent come to a good solition. Im not sure if a laptop with a gtx 1060 ore a gtx 980m is better? Actuall im not smarter now then befor, im really no good in tech stuff...

I need the laptop for easy work with c4d at home and woud render final at work...
The optimal price would be between 1500-2000€.
Ore maybe u guys now a good mobile gpu for laptops?
Is it posssible to get a octanebench rating of 75 with a laptop in this price sector?

Thanks a lot for helpng! And sorry for my bad english,
Im from switzerland we dont speak english here :)

Cheers
Joel
Brokoli22

Re: Laptop for working in 3D with Octane

Postby henrikh » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:51 pm

henrikh Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:51 pm
I don't know the status of the support of the new 1060gtx, but you might want to have a look at the Razer Blade 14" with at 1060 gtx (http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade) won't give you the maximal performance, but it should be a good match between, weight, built quality, battery time and performance. And despite the gaming influences, it looks fine (maybe there are nice cases to cover the weird light show?).
Otherwise go with a laptop with a gtx 1080 (if the new cards are supported, which I would expect) or plan with an external graphic card over thunderbolt 3. Just my quick guesses.
henrikh
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion