Stereo Animated Maps, Stereo Video Maps and Head Tracking?

Forums: Stereo Animated Maps, Stereo Video Maps and Head Tracking?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Stereo Animated Maps, Stereo Video Maps and Head Tracking?

Postby yazze » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 pm

yazze Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:12 pm
Hi. The last thing I showcase when demonstrating VR to friends or clients are Stereocube Maps which I dub "Screenshot of the Future" as they are the most advanced graphic demos of what VR will be in the future to me.

Of course this is pre-rendered so it's not going to be interactive for some times. But I was wondering about different solutions:

1. Is there a way to animate parts of the stereocube maps or add real-time 3D components over the Stereocube layer?

2. Is there a way as of today, to do Stereovideo map? I understand the problem is the video buffering, but why are the players buffering the whole 360° video (which means reduced resolutions, let alone in Stereo), instead of buffering just the part of the video the user is looking at so that is can be buffered at full/higher resolution. For example using a video framework and codec which uses Asynchronous Warp on the cube layer to let it buffer other parts of the video, in fact only the part of the video you are looking at?

3. And how about Head Tracking? Beside ORBX and Lightfield which I've never been able to find one example or prototype of, what are the possible ways head tracking could be implemented inside a pre-rendered scene or video?

Thanks.
yazze

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion