Node "xxx" is no mesh node.

Forums: Node "xxx" is no mesh node.
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about OctaneVR.

Node "xxx" is no mesh node.

Postby guyhoka » Sat May 21, 2016 11:14 pm

guyhoka Sat May 21, 2016 11:14 pm
I am using Octane VR 2 Standalone with the Cinema4D exporter plugin. I have searched around and only found one other person with the same problem.. and it was posted back in 2012, so it did not help.

I have c4d r16 and GTX 745. I have already exported my C4D scene as an OBJ file so I can put it in Octane Standalone and add all my materials and lighting... and now I want to render my animation without problem.. Would I need to export as alembic?
guyhoka

Re: Node "xxx" is no mesh node.

Postby bepeg4d » Sun May 22, 2016 6:06 am

bepeg4d Sun May 22, 2016 6:06 am
Hi guyhoka,
my advice is to export the static elements of your scene in .obj, while the animated objects or cameras in alembic.
When an alembic node is imported in Standalone from c4d, in general, the scale must to be set in cm in the abc node preferences, and deselect the "merge material with the same name" option in order to expose all the materials/objects pins.
happy rendering :)
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Re: Node "xxx" is no mesh node.

Postby guyhoka » Sun May 22, 2016 1:36 pm

guyhoka Sun May 22, 2016 1:36 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi guyhoka,
my advice is to export the static elements of your scene in .obj, while the animated objects or cameras in alembic.
When an alembic node is imported in Standalone from c4d, in general, the scale must to be set in cm in the abc node preferences, and deselect the "merge material with the same name" option in order to expose all the materials/objects pins.
happy rendering :)
ciao beppe

Thank you for answering! I have fixed it by just adding a Render target node in standalone and connecting my obj to it! Then in the OctaneExport plugin in C4D, I just set which Render target node to use, and click render animation!

This took me a long time to figure out, so I'm posting it here in case others have the same problem ;)
guyhoka

Return to OctaneVR Questions & Discussion