complete lack of support?

Forums: complete lack of support?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

complete lack of support?

Postby darkenergymedia » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:35 pm

darkenergymedia Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:35 pm
i understand support is apparently overwhelmed with problems at the moment, but i've had a request in over a billing issue (charged for two subscriptions) for over a week and absolutely no response. do we have any other recourse? this is putting me off OTOY, and i've been a paying customer for five years.

does that even matter?

i'm trying to be reasonable but when you have nearly $300 of my money and won't respond to support requests for over a week, that's pretty poor by any measure.
Core i7-8700K, 64GB RAM, 2 X GTX1080ti
darkenergymedia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: complete lack of support?

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:02 am

bepeg4d Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:02 am
Hi,
sorry for the hassle!

We are slowly answering to everyone, and it seems slightly better than past year, fingers crossed!

Unfortunately refund tickets need more time and work to be solved, so you need to be patient.

If you won't receive an answer during this week, please drop me a line.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby pegot » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:22 pm

pegot Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:22 pm
Hey darkenergymedia, for what its worth, nearly every issue I ever had that required direct support has eventually been solved - including an over billing problem I had last year. Just follow up with Otoy if no response after a few days or a week. In the past I had some issues when Otoy made some radical application / licensing changes but these were pretty quickly taken care of. I do think their communication about big changes or big promotions could be better, but my questions / problems have always been answered and addressed (except for one issue I had when trying to use HDR LightStudio with Mac Octane Blender - that was never adequately addressed by either Otoy or Lightmap -lukcily I don't have to use them on a Mac anymore though).
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby darkenergymedia » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:49 pm

darkenergymedia Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:49 pm
just wanted to follow up that OTOY did in fact end up getting back to me and solved my problems quite quickly in the end.

it would be worth mentioning that (as you allude to, pegot) it seems the circumstances around how the black friday specials work could be considerably clearer. as far as i understand it, if you're a subscription customer, taking advantage of the black friday offer requires a delicate balancing act of canceling / renewing in a specific way.

i had hoped that just maintaining my subscription (which i went through similar issues with last year) would be enough - perhaps if it weren't so convoluted it wouldn't result in an overloaded support team? as it stands, ALL of my issues were associated with both this year and last year's black friday deals and the manipulations of my account that were necessary to get them. and while i very much appreciate that the support team was helpful in that regard, it's frustrating that has ended up in double billing and a requirement to do similar juggling this year.

anyway, all is fine for now and i do appreciate the help, just feels like it could all be avoided!

cheers,
chris
Core i7-8700K, 64GB RAM, 2 X GTX1080ti
darkenergymedia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:03 am

bepeg4d Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:03 am
Hi Chris,
I agree with you, but it was not expected!
Past year Black Friday was terrible for us, the Support was out of control till 6th of January!!!
This year was definitely better, we made some changes to the Shop, and we finished three weeks earlier than past year, but still not perfect :roll:
We had the new issue with double billing, but the good news is that it should be already fixed for future.
So hopefully, next year will be even better :D

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby pxlntwrk » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:42 pm

pxlntwrk Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:42 pm
Hi,
Can someone confirm that in the case of an auto renewal of the subscription,
you do not participate in the Black Friday deal even if the renewal is done exactly during the promotion period ?
:::::::::::::::::
pxlntwrk.net
pxlntwrk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby pxlntwrk » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:18 pm

pxlntwrk Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:18 pm
pxlntwrk wrote:Hi,
Can someone confirm that in the case of an auto renewal of the subscription,
you do not participate in the Black Friday deal even if the renewal is done exactly during the promotion period ?

A big thank you to Kevin from the Otoy support team, who just regularized my situation on his own initiative.
Big Up :D
:::::::::::::::::
pxlntwrk.net
pxlntwrk
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby leave2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:31 pm

leave2 Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:31 pm
darkenergymedia wrote:just wanted to follow up that OTOY did in fact end up getting back to me and solved my problems quite quickly in the end.

it would be worth mentioning that (as you allude to, pegot) it seems the circumstances around how the black friday specials work could be considerably clearer. as far as i understand it, if you're a subscription customer, taking advantage of the black friday offer requires a delicate balancing act of canceling / renewing in a specific way.

i had hoped that just maintaining my subscription (which i went through similar issues with last year) would be enough - perhaps if it weren't so convoluted it wouldn't result in an overloaded support team? as it stands, ALL of my issues were associated with both this year and last year's black friday deals and the manipulations of my account that were necessary to get them. and while i very much appreciate that the support team was helpful in that regard, it's frustrating that has ended up in double billing and a requirement to do similar juggling this year.

anyway, all is fine for now and i do appreciate the help, just feels like it could all be avoided!

cheers,
chris

The wording on the deal is terrible, and when I asked for clarification, my post was completely ignored, and I ended up missing the deal. Cheers OTOY!

It's a weird feeling when a company seems to actively make you dislike it.
leave2
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion