Where is the third quarter Kitbash 3D kit?

Forums: Where is the third quarter Kitbash 3D kit?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Where is the third quarter Kitbash 3D kit?

Postby SSmolak » Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:32 pm

SSmolak Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:32 pm
It seems that this is Kitbash3D issue not Otoy. They stopped to respect Otoy Kit Editions as regular kits and removes them from Cargo.
Architectural Visualizations http://www.archviz-4d.studio
SSmolak
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Singular1974 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:15 pm

Singular1974 Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:15 pm
What's the update on this? It's a huge part of why people signed up for a sub, the promise of quarterly kits. I doubt otoy would have said quarterly kits if they didn't have a contract in place with kitbash3d, that would be insane.
Singular1974
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FotoLumos » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:33 pm

FotoLumos Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:33 pm
I've been going back and forth with Otoy Support on this for weeks. First they told me the promotion was over and we wouldn't be receiving any more kits. I said that didn't correspond to what was advertised in the Black Friday promotional material.

Next I was told only full price subscribers to OctaneStudio+ were to receive the quarterly kits, and that Black Friday subscribers were only getting the Cyberpunk kit, World-Creator standalone, and the GSG membership because we paid less for the annual subscription. (If that was true, we wouldn't have received the first two quarter kits.) I then sent them screenshots of the promotional email I received on 11/24/22, which very clearly states the Black Friday deal included the quarterly kits AND ALSO the Cyberpunk kit, along with GSG, WC, Embergen, and everything else the OctaneStudio+ subscription came with.

I received a response that my feedback had been forwarded to "the team" who were looking to see what could be done to make things right. That was a week ago. Still awaiting a response.

Win 11 64 | Geforce GTX3060 | i7 8th Gen | 32GB
FotoLumos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bbuxton_1 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:04 pm

bbuxton_1 Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:04 pm
The Black Friday deals have been let down by Otoy's failure to deliver. To suggest that the deal should somehow not include the advertised (in the BF deal) KB3D content seems off. Otoys failure to communicate what is going on regarding this is even worse than not delivering what they advertised - feels like complete contempt for anyone that took the offer. There is so much overlap in the current rendering solutions it is very easy to switch between them, so who cares anyway?.
bbuxton_1
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby FotoLumos » Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:22 pm

FotoLumos Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:22 pm
Most recent reply from Otoy...

"Hi,

Sorry for the wait, thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, the KitBash3D promotion in question has come to a conclusion. These promotional offerings can change or end at any time, as outlined in the End User License Agreement.

We value you as a customer and would like to offer a one time $10 discount on your OctaneStudio+ annual renewal which can be combined with the Black Friday discount.

Thanks,
Kevin"

$10 (with no code or instruction on how to redeem it at year's end). It's honestly insulting. Getting a different excuse every time is a really bad look. So much for integrity.
FotoLumos
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ahmedraafat » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:18 am

ahmedraafat Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:18 am
I am so sad realy because they said in the blackfriday each quarter we will receive coupon
ahmedraafat
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Singular1974 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:56 am

Singular1974 Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:56 am
There's no way they aren't going to provide a quarterly kit, that's what drew so many people to purchase. It's literally plastered over every email I received. No major corporation is going to commit wire fraud so publicly. I'm sure they'll have a kit soon and it's just been delayed.
Singular1974
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to General Discussion