Flickering Issue

Forums: Flickering Issue
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Flickering Issue

Postby Inch » Sun May 14, 2023 8:46 pm

Inch Sun May 14, 2023 8:46 pm
Experiencing terrible flicker. Might be emanating from reflections mostly. I have tried everything.

the diffuse noise is a little muted when the light sources are removed and the hdri is changed but still an issue in the reflection.

Blender Octane
PMC (Tried Path Trance and same issue)
Max Samples 3500
Caustic Blur .5
GI Clamp 100

I have attached a small low resolution render of the problem

Here is a link to the scene file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DMvV64 ... share_link
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] Satellite_Octane_Test_05.mp4 [ 183.16 KiB | Viewed 660 times ]

Inch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Flickering Issue

Postby elsksa » Mon May 15, 2023 5:06 pm

elsksa Mon May 15, 2023 5:06 pm
Hi,

Everything, with certainty?
Just to ensure, could you give this page a read and see if anything overlooked could help? For instance, caustics blur can be safely maxed-out in most cases.

Posting screen-grabs or hosting the video on YouTube unlisted/a similar video uploading platform would be welcomed.

Any reason for choosing PMC? Usually for caustics (obsolete since photon-tracing kernel), complex light cases (rarely the case) or some volumetric-cases (is it the case here?).

What about the other Kernel settings? The Sampling section, specifically, such as Coherent Ration, etc.

What light types does the scene contain?
Have you made the Octane Diffuse (Emission) material black ("diffuse color", as shown here)?
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Flickering Issue

Postby Inch » Tue May 16, 2023 8:51 am

Inch Tue May 16, 2023 8:51 am
elsksa wrote:Hi,

Everything, with certainty?
Just to ensure, could you give this page a read and see if anything overlooked could help? For instance, caustics blur can be safely maxed-out in most cases.

Posting screen-grabs or hosting the video on YouTube unlisted/a similar video uploading platform would be welcomed.

Any reason for choosing PMC? Usually for caustics (obsolete since photon-tracing kernel), complex light cases (rarely the case) or some volumetric-cases (is it the case here?).

What about the other Kernel settings? The Sampling section, specifically, such as Coherent Ration, etc.

What light types does the scene contain?
Have you made the Octane Diffuse (Emission) material black ("diffuse color", as shown here)?

thank you for the response. I used PMC because I read about it online somewhere. That it is better for flickering.
I will have a look at the link you sent.
Inch
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion