Conflicting Enterprise and Studio+ license

Forums: Conflicting Enterprise and Studio+ license
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Conflicting Enterprise and Studio+ license

Postby peterrongsted » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:11 pm

peterrongsted Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:11 pm
I have previously owned an Enterprise license that I let expire. That was about two years ago.
Now I have another project which requires the use of Octane renderer, and I have purchased a new license of Studio+... but when I try to activate it, I get an error message saying I am missing an All Access license and that my Enterprise license is no longer active.
I can see the inactive old enterprise license as well as my new Studio+ subscription in my control panel on the webpage, but I can't do anything about it.
My theory is that the licensing module sees the old Enterprise license first - sees that it is inactive - and reports the error back to me, without checking for an active Studio+ license.

Am I out of luck and need to wait for support, or does anyone know if I can do something myself to solve the problem? I have a deadline this Friday, and right now, I am kind of stuck... :?
peterrongsted
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Conflicting Enterprise and Studio+ license

Postby peterrongsted » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 am

peterrongsted Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:09 am
Figured it out. :oops:
For anyone else stumbling across this topic, there are two different installers on the downloads page. One for Enterprise and one for Studio+. I just grabbed the first one I saw and never thought to keep scrolling down.
peterrongsted
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion