Black Friday Thanks

Forums: Black Friday Thanks
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Black Friday Thanks

Postby mitchino » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:18 am

mitchino Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:18 am
Just want to say thanks to all at Otoy for exceeding my expectations with this years Black Friday offer. Outstanding!

Signed up for another year, and excited about having network rendering - if I can use that using a mixed Mac and PC setup with the long promised headless rendering, I will dance a jig!
mitchino
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Black Friday Thanks

Postby leave2 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:45 am

leave2 Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:45 am
Can anyone confirm if the monthly also gives GSG?

If you click the button for the offer, it THEN proceeds to give you the choice to pay annually or monthly, but doesn't indicate that anything in the deal changes. However, nothing about GSG is showing up in my coupons page. I know it says to wait 24 hours, but if it's not there, I won't have the option to purchase again as it'll be too late.
leave2
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:10 am

bepeg4d Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:10 am
@mitchino:

@leave2:
Nope, only Annual licenses purchased during the 2022 Black Friday sale will receive one year of Greyscalegorilla Plus. Please note that this coupon is only redeemable by new Greyscalegorilla Plus customers and returning OTOY Black Friday 2021 customers, who renew using the code before their auto renewal date. The coupon cannot be redeemed to renew any other current Greyscalegorilla Plus account.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby leave2 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:13 am

leave2 Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:13 am
OK, how do I go about getting a refund of my money today? That should really be explicitly explained somewhere obvious. I see that it's at the bottom of the page, but that's not really what I'd consider obvious given how exciting an offer it is.

I was already a monthly customer for the normal standalone, so can I process a refund of the purchase I made today and just continue my previous subscription?
leave2
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:34 am

bepeg4d Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:34 am
leave2 wrote:OK, how do I go about getting a refund of my money today? That should really be explicitly explained somewhere obvious. I see that it's at the bottom of the page, but that's not really what I'd consider obvious given how exciting an offer it is.

I was already a monthly customer for the normal standalone, so can I process a refund of the purchase I made today and just continue my previous subscription?

Ok, please write to help at otoy dot com, sharing your OTOY username, but please consider that we are having heavy traffic due to Black Friday offer, thanks.

ciao,
Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby leave2 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:50 pm

leave2 Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:50 pm
Thanks for the quick response, Beppe, I'll do that today. Much appreciated.

It's a shame some of your newer customers can't benefit from this deal, because had I known about it last year I'd have hopped on in a heartbeat. It's a no-brainer!
leave2
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby hazenkind » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:20 pm

hazenkind Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:20 pm
Please note that this coupon is only redeemable by new Greyscalegorilla Plus customers and returning OTOY Black Friday 2021 customers, who renew using the code before their auto renewal date

What does it mean? If i bought 2021 on Black Friday and havent used the GSG Coupon?
hazenkind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby hazenkind » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:53 pm

hazenkind Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:53 pm
leave2 wrote:Thanks for the quick response, Beppe, I'll do that today. Much appreciated.

It's a shame some of your newer customers can't benefit from this deal, because had I known about it last year I'd have hopped on in a heartbeat. It's a no-brainer!

If its true that this is only for Black Friday customer of 2021, its not a shame its a big F**K Y*u
hazenkind
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby marc_cornette » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:54 pm

marc_cornette Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:54 pm
hazenkind wrote:
Please note that this coupon is only redeemable by new Greyscalegorilla Plus customers and returning OTOY Black Friday 2021 customers, who renew using the code before their auto renewal date

What does it mean? If i bought 2021 on Black Friday and havent used the GSG Coupon?

As i understand, if you are a new GSG user, and that you have not redeemed the last year coupon, you are still a new GSG user, so for me it works.
marc_cornette
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby jc0 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:13 pm

jc0 Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:13 pm
marc_cornette wrote:
hazenkind wrote:

As i understand, if you are a new GSG user, and that you have not redeemed the last year coupon, you are still a new GSG user, so for me it works.

If you purchased the 2021 Octane Black Friday deal, and used your GSG Coupon then (so your GSG Plus is coming up for renewal), you can still use this year's Octane Black Friday coupon to renew your GSG Plus for another year. Is this correct?
jc0
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to General Discussion