Planetary Environment limitations?

Forums: Planetary Environment limitations?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Planetary Environment limitations?

Postby jayroth » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:24 pm

jayroth Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:24 pm
It appears that the Planetary Atmosphere section was removed from the Planetary Environment some versions ago. For now, it appears that the best we can do with this is change altitude and rotate the camera vertically -- nothing else. We cannot rotate from side to side, or shift the position of the planet in the shot. Aoktar (Cinema 4D plug in author) took a peek and said it is no longer in standalone as well (which I assume means that he cannot do anything about the issue if standalone now lacks this ability.) Why was this removed? Can we please get it restored ASAP? I have several shots that really need this ability that I have to deliver in a few days. Overall, the Planetary Environment is amazing. Would be a shame to have to reconstruct this some other way...

Here is the corresponding page from the docs:
Cinema 4D_2020-01-09_10-12-26.png
CaseLabs Mercury S8 / ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS / Crucial 64GB 2133 DDR4 / 2 XEON E5-2687W v3 3.1 GHz / EVGA 1600 P2 / 2 EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid/ Cinema 4D

Is it fast? Oh, yeah!
jayroth
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion