Much faster Octane interface required, lags like hell

Forums: Much faster Octane interface required, lags like hell
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Much faster Octane interface required, lags like hell

Postby Phantom107 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Phantom107 Thu May 30, 2019 1:01 pm
Hello devs,

Can we get an option inside Octane that disables the fancy curves (and anti-aliased) lines in the node editor and get simply straight A to B lines instead without anti-aliasing.

I'm developing software to auto-generate node structures for Octane, where the system can auto-fix user modeling errors and a has a whole lot of cool functions that automate tasks, but the node structures which are getting ever more capable/complex, and even dragging the view around in the node editor is a lagfest.

Octane itself can perfectly handle all this to produce the end-result renders. But working in the node editor is a real problem.

Specs for my workstation:
Win 10 pro
Ryzen 1600X 6-core
32 GB
GTX 1080 Ti

Please see attachment.
Attachments
UI-problem.JPG
Phantom107
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Much faster Octane interface required, lags like hell

Postby mojave » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:06 pm

mojave Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:06 pm
We have already tried what you propose in the past but the performance gain is actually marginal. I would advice to group elements of your scene in sub-graphs as much as it makes sense, in that way there will be less load to render all individual nodes and connections and users will be also able to understand better what's going on if that makes sense.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to General Discussion