Another workstation advice-thread

Forums: Another workstation advice-thread
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Re: Another workstation advice-thread

Postby fillishave » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:45 pm

fillishave Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:45 pm
anifex3D wrote:
fillishave wrote:
anifex3D wrote:300mm for the top cable and 600mm for the bottom. The cables are pretty flexible so you can see how we bent it around for the bottom card. The top card draws fresh air in from the top of the case. The bottom card gets its fresh air from the 2 200mm fans on the front of the case (one comes mounted on the x9). Then a 140mm exhaust fan out the back on top and another 120mm out the back on the bottom (comes with case). Then we added another 200mm fan on above the video cards for good measure - you probably wont need that with the blower style cards.

Cool thanks! I guess with this method it would even be possible to add even more than four cards in the future as well. Again thanks for the good idea!

Not sure if more then 4 would be possible unless you used risers for all and mounted them who knows where. The blower cards take 2 spaces and cover the other PCI-e slots. I don't understand why they always put the PCI-e so close together that only way they can work is on a liquid loop. I wish they would build a huge motherboard that would fill the whole x9 case who cares as long as it functions.

Yeah, a mega-sized ATX would be something wouldn't it! Looking at your pictures I'm thinking it would be possible to add another card in the bottom or maybe add a custom additional "floor" next to the motherboard. Well I'll start with 4 and see where I can go from there :-)
fillishave
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to General Discussion