Maya Octane Live Database issue

Forums: Maya Octane Live Database issue
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Maya Octane Live Database issue

Postby chinfong » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:11 pm

chinfong Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:11 pm
I am having issues with the Live DB in maya. Pretty new to this engine but the DB seems to help a lot. However, when I select on a mesh and select the material to import, it only imports the same material. Usually the first one I applied during the session. This means I can not preview other materals unelss I constantly restart maya.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
chinfong
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Maya Octane Live Database issue

Postby BK » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:13 pm

BK Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:13 pm
chinfong wrote:I am having issues with the Live DB in maya. Pretty new to this engine but the DB seems to help a lot. However, when I select on a mesh and select the material to import, it only imports the same material. Usually the first one I applied during the session. This means I can not preview other materals unelss I constantly restart maya.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Hi chinfong,

Would you please let us know the version of Octane for maya?
Could you tell us how to replicate? I am assuming you may be trying to apply the dB material
before Cache is complete. Try give some time to load the material from the dBserver then select>apply.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to General Discussion