Texture for Specular Material Projecting Wrong

Forums: Texture for Specular Material Projecting Wrong
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Texture for Specular Material Projecting Wrong

Postby treddie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:17 am

treddie Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:17 am
Hello.

I am trying to figure out what is happening with this setup (please see attached image). The material is specular and the front and back parts of the sign are distinct from one another in the UV space. Yet, while the front of the sign looks fine, the front is projecting onto the back for some weird reason.

If I do the material as diffuse or glossy, no problem. This is only happening with specular material.

I am using Octane Standalone 3.08.

Texture Projecting Wrong.jpg
Win7 | Geforce TitanX w/ 12Gb | Geforce GTX-560 w/ 2Gb | 6-Core 3.5GHz | 32Gb | Cinema4D w RipTide Importer and OctaneExporter Plugs.
treddie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Texture for Specular Material Projecting Wrong

Postby treddie » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:26 am

treddie Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:26 am
I think I see what happened, maybe. In C4D, you can select only visible polys on the surfaces facing you, or select everything underneath as well. There are two backlit pieces of plexi in the sign, and those are about .5" thick. One in back and the other in front. When I sampled the front, I accidentally had selected the option to select everything including all polys behind the visible surface. That meant it picked up both faces of the front piece of plexi, and the back two as well. But when I selected only the back plexi surface visible from the other side, I correctly selected the option to only select visible surfaces. Therefore, I had separated out the back most surface of the rear piece of plexi, but the other three surfaces were still overlaying each other in the UV map. Errrgggg!
Win7 | Geforce TitanX w/ 12Gb | Geforce GTX-560 w/ 2Gb | 6-Core 3.5GHz | 32Gb | Cinema4D w RipTide Importer and OctaneExporter Plugs.
treddie
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to General Discussion