Current state of ORBX and Interactive Rendered Panoramas?

Forums: Current state of ORBX and Interactive Rendered Panoramas?
Generic forum to discuss Octane Render, post ideas and suggest improvements.
Forum rules
Please add your OS and Hardware Configuration in your signature, it makes it easier for us to help you analyze problems. Example: Win 7 64 | Geforce GTX680 | i7 3770 | 16GB

Current state of ORBX and Interactive Rendered Panoramas?

Postby pegot » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:31 pm

pegot Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:31 pm
Three years ago when the Meteverse contest was held, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note and GearVR to experiment with Octane Render’s ability to produce 3D panoramic environments. While there was some amazing content produced during that period, I was a bit disappointed with the resolution of the files. Once one got past the novelty factor, I felt the images were just a tad too pixelated and lacked the fine details I’m used to in real panoramic photography. So I returned the phone and headset and went back to my old iPhone.

I’m now in the market for a new phone and am once again considering the latest Samsung Galaxy Note and GearVR headset.

Have there been any significant improvements in resolution, quality, and playback?

What is the current status of the ORBX format; what developer tools are available for creating interactive animated ORBX panoramic environments?

And what other platforms / tools can be used with Octane Render to create and playback such files?
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff